Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'm researching additional accessories that may be needed to complete my new set up. I have a SW EQ5 Mount on a two inch tripod. I intend to mount an AA Starwave 152 mm Frac. I note that a number of members have used the ADM saddle upgrade. Can anyone advise why the upgrade is needed and also exactly which saddle is needed.

Hi. I recently bought a Skytee 2 mount to use with a 120 ED scope and like you I had seen the advice to upgrade to ADM saddles. I bought one to see why and I am very glad I did. The ADM saddles is of much better quality and holds the dove tail much more securely with gouging marks on it. It gives much more peace of mind that your OTA is not going to land on the ground at some stage. I can not help with the model you require. The Skytee has a saddle which is specially designed for it, but I am sure the good people at FLO could keep you right.

Don't know if this fits https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adm-replacement-saddles/adm-dual-saddle-upgrade-for-heq5-neq6-avx-zeq-ioptron.html

I fitted an ADM saddle and dovetail plate for mine the only problem was the holes in the ADM dovetail didn't line up with the tube rings on the scope with the handle fitted so I had to mod' the handle a bit.

Dave

Archived