Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
charmedkelly

Things To Put in my astronomy box

Hi Kelly Here,

i have a astronomy box what i keep all my stuff in just wanted to see if anyone can let me know some good bits that will come in handy so i can keep them in there i already hav these in

Lenses

Book (turn left at orion)

binoculars with tripod

torch red light 1

planisphere

CK,

Good to see you back.

I think I would take the lenses out of that box. Many on SGL use a Maplins Flight Box purchased when they reduce it from £29.99 to £14.99.

John

Hi Kelly,

What about a good warm hat and fingerless gloves? It gets very cold out i the middle of winter.

Gary

Hi CK

I have a lense pen and a decent glass cloth in my box, plus a smal aerosol of compressed air - very handy for blowing away any dust or whatever from eyepieces.

Then there's my mobile phone, portable TV, comfy chair, slippers, umbrella.............just kidding. :)

Rick

Nice to see you back Kelly :wave:

I have a couple of screw drivers and spanners in mine......and a big hammer for when it stops working :) only joking about the hammer :nono:

Andy

A thermos flask that you can fill with tea/coffee to save going back indoors and ruining your night vision. :)

CK,

Good to see you back.

I think I would take the lenses out of that box. Many on SGL use a Maplins Flight Box purchased when they reduce it from £29.99 to £14.99.

John

I bought an aluminium flight case online from Maplin's this week - grand total of £12.00 - they call it a 'small flight case' but it's plenty big enough for lenses and comes complete with the internal foam that you can either cut to shape or just push your lenses into (it has pre-cut small squares) I thought it was a real bargain!

A set of Allen keys come in handy, I've also got a set of those "mag7" start charts laminated in there.

Electrical tape and a compass. Tape to tape wires up and emergency repairs. The compass to orientate.

Sam

I have two boxes - they contain this

Box 1: Eyepieces, sky map, redlight torch

Box 2: Power pack and batteries for the scope, toolkit with allen keys, spanners and screwdrivers sized only for the scope, back-up red light torch, compass, bubble level, 12v hairdryer for keeping dew off the scope, collimation cap, cheshire.

FInally I have a carry bag for thermos and all the stuff I need rather then the what the scope needs. Usually coffee, mars bars, book ( in case it turns cloudy ), makeup ( well you never know LOL ).

don't forget an umbrella and rain mac for when the weather men mess things up. Or at least some reading material for when its supposed to be clear but is actually cloudy (last night).

Russ

Definitely spare batteries for the red dot finder. It's so annoying when you go out and find that you left it switched on from the last time and the battery is dead! I am always doing that!

Cheers

Richard

Definitely spare batteries for the red dot finder. It's so annoying when you go out and find that you left it switched on from the last time and the battery is dead! I am always doing that!

Cheers

Richard

I know this feeling well.

Cheers

i will defintly keep that in mind

Richard