Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Melotte 15 HaSHO

Rodd

C11Edge at F1960, with STT 8300 and Baader Filters.  6 hours of data in 20 min subs. I was never able to make anything of this image--This is my best effort to date.  The framing is terrible as I lost allot of FOV due to misalignment issues (I manually frame and I blundered severely).  The bright dust feature at the top of frame was fully revealed in several of the subs.  I am looking forward to revisiting this target and acquiring allot more data.

HaSHO-1-4-25-17a2.thumb.jpg.f8e1aeaaa8529811dc4eef31387020f3.jpg

This is a really nice image Rodd, especially for us that do not know what it looked like in a larger FOW.

If I should be slightly critical on something it is that you seem to have burnt out and lost colour in the stars. Did that already happen to the subs or did it occur during processing so it could be recovered, maybe just be using masks and get it back from an earlier less stretched version?

9 minutes ago, gorann said:

This is a really nice image Rodd, especially for us that do not know what it looked like in a larger FOW.

If I should be slightly critical on something it is that you seem to have burnt out and lost colour in the stars. Did that already happen to the subs or did it occur during processing so it could be recovered, maybe just be using masks and get it back from an earlier less stretched version?

Thanks Goran--this is a narrow band image.  I like white stars in NB images.  But, to tell you the truth, I did not have to reduce magenta in the stars which is typical in many NB images.  For some reason--they were colorless right from the start.  Probably the result of having limited data.

Rodd

2 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

I love the way most of your images have a very 3D Hubblesque look. I'm very new to astrophotography but your images are top drawer. Thank you.

Thanks Tangorino.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 04:10, Tangoringo said:

I love the way most of your images have a very 3D Hubblesque look. I'm very new to astrophotography but your images are top drawer. Thank you.

By the way--who is JG Magee?  Nice Quote

20 hours ago, Rodd said:

By the way--who is JG Magee?  Nice Quote

John Gillespie Magee was one of your countrymen ( part English too ) who flew for the Royal Canadian Air Force in the Battle of Britain. Unfortunately he died in a mid air collision in 1941 but before he died he wrote the poem High Flight in a letter to his mother. It sums up all things aviation in my eyes.....

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air… .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew — 
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

3 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

John Gillespie Magee was one of your countrymen ( part English too ) who flew for the Royal Canadian Air Force in the Battle of Britain. Unfortunately he died in a mid air collision in 1941 but before he died he wrote the poem High Flight in a letter to his mother. It sums up all things aviation in my eyes.....

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air… .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew — 
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Applys  to space as well--I like it

Roddd

Archived