Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Great Red Spot, Ganymede Transit and Intrapsychic Conflict

orion25

Amazing coincidental transits of the Great Red Spot AND Ganymede on Jupiter shot using my Orion Deep Space Video Camera II and my Orion SkyView Pro 180mm Mak around midnight last night (April 22). Ganymede can be seen casting a shadow along the northern limb. The GRS can be seen roughly near the center of the planet.  "Intrapsychic Conflict" is introduced as the musical landscape, not unconscious turmoil, lol!

Enjoy!

Reggie :hello:

11 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Top class Reggie, and nicely presented. 

Much gratitude, tooth dr! It was a great night, pleasantly cool, and clear sky as far as my eye could see. The view through the scope was amazing; the video really doesn't do Jupiter justice. Even my 6mm EP showed remarkably crisp views.

7 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Nice video Reggie. Well captured mate! :) 

Thanks, Gus. This is my first time imaging the GRS; I believe I have several good frames for stacking (the original video looks better than this youtube translation). The Ganymede transit was a fortunate happenstance. I was like, "WHAT??? Is that a shadow?"  Two transits for one shot!

Archived