Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Howdy from Cheyenne Wyoming

sparksnsuch

Howdy from Cheyenne, Wyoming. I first saw the rings of Saturn back in 1966 when I was 7 years old. Was at a Cub Scout meeting with my dad, they had a real telescope, I was in total awe. In 1986 I purchased a 60 mm Redfield Regal spotting scope to view Haley’s comet. Justified the cost of the scope back then by it’s having multiple uses. Last year my 12 year old grandson and I watched the Perseid  meteor shower. I decided to break out the old Redfield and take a look at Jupiter with him, he was in total awe. That night got me interested in getting a real astronomical telescope so we can look at planets and such together. I live out east of Cheyenne and the sky is fairly dark, the milky way just jumps out at you. Would also like to do some astrophotography with my DSLR. Hope to glean info from the forum to assist me in my endeavor.

sparksnsuch

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your interest has been rekindled and that you're passing on to your grandson the joys of the night sky.

I can't help at all with the AP ... but there are lots of folks around here who can and will.

Have fun.

Archived