SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AR 2651 in terrible seeing

Iainp

Brief bursts of sun today revealing the worst seeing I've ever had, I think. (5 seconds' worth below). With no sharp image to focus on, I thought there was something wrong with the scope for ages. There were even briefer bursts of slightly better seeing, and 10% of several thousand frames collected over 2 minutes makes a decent enough image. Dodgy animations to come!

Iain 

22gif1.gif

22j.jpg

7 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

my seeing was a lot better

9 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

That's strange Iain

Yes, odd. If it's bad for one of us it tends to be the same for all. I had to move the scope later, and seeing was just as bad, so wasn't some local problem like a nearby hot roof or something

18 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Yes, odd. If it's bad for one of us it tends to be the same for all. I had to move the scope later, and seeing was just as bad, so wasn't some local problem like a nearby hot roof or something

David Smith said his seeing was bad so not sure why, mind if the gaps get big enough for imaging here the seeing will no doubt nose dive.

Dave

Not good here either (That's my excuse)! lol :p

I usually put a first avi through basic Registax 5 - See how many
frames it can ALIGN on to "90%" quality. On a good day 80%?
Today at 10:50 just 40%; at 11:20 just 30% etc. At that point,
I Barlowed the image and barely got 10%???? BUT (as ever!) I
am varying "other things" at the same time! ;)

I don't think *I'm* going to get much out of today's data??? :o

Archived