Narrowband

Off to Norfolk

Starpaw

Being a resident of the East End of London, the skies here are subject to copious amounts of light pollution,  to say the least, which limits what I can observe.  However, next week I will be going to Norfolk.  Any must see seasonal DSOs I should be hunting for to fully take advantage of the dark skies?  I will definitely put a couple of observing reports up here if the weather is on my side.

Just go and enjoy the view, mostly galaxies and globs till the Milky Way rises... depends how long you can stay awake. The East End is "great" as you don't need a torch to read your charts..... 

have a great time

peter

Spring is galaxy time; so the Leo galaxies NGC 2903; both Leo triplets (M 95/96/105 and M 65/66/ NGC 3628) to start with. After warming up, of course the Virgo cluster with Markarian's Chain; I've described one way approaching it here Jan.29 (Observing-Deep Sky-Help on some dso's).

Clear skies, and have fun!

Stephan

I have hired boats on the Norfolk Broads, have had some stunning skies. On several occasions we have been moored up in the middle of nowhere and been the only boat there, no nearby roads or buildings. 

Archived