Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

FLO

Vixen Eyepiece SALE

20 posts in this topic

The Vixen Eyepiece Sale has begun :smile: 

Includes: 

Vixen NPL

An affordable high quality 2-group 4-element Plossl eyepieces. 

Noticeably better than the generic Plossls typically supplied with Skywatcher & Celestron telescopes. 

4, 6, 8, 10 & 15mm  £44  £34  (Save £10) 

20 & 25mm  £49  £37  (Save £12) 

30 & 40mm  £53  £39  (Save £14) 

vixen_npl_eyepieces.jpg

Vixen SLV

We like the Vixen SLV series, a lot!  Premium 7-element design with high-grade fully multi-coated Lanthanum glass for bright, high resolution, high contrast views.

Comfortable 20mm eye-relief and convenient twist-up eyecups make them suitable for use with spectacles. 

A number of retailers offer them at £119, our normal price is £99 but they are now reduced to £79 in the sale! 

£99  £79  (Save £20) 

vixen_slv_eyepieces_large.jpg

Vixen SSW

Vixen’s Japanese-made SSW eyepieces provide a full 83º field of view, even if used with fast f4 Newtonians. No need to turn your neck see the edges! 

The 7-element optical design includes low-dispersion glass materials lanthanum and tantalum.

All air-to-glass surfaces are fully multi-coated (99.5% transmission over visual range 430nm to 690nm) and a new coating was been developed and applied to the glass-to-glass surfaces. 

£309  £249  (Save £60)

vixen_ssw_group_above.jpg

2 people like this

£79 for the SLV's is a really great deal! Great performance per pound, think Baader BCO's but with great eye relief and comfort! Really love the straight barrel too, no annoying snags or not sitting quite flush in the focuser/diagonal issues! 

These should sell out fast, I wish I was in the running!

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

£79 for the SLV's is a really great deal! Great performance per pound, think Baader BCO's but with great eye relief and comfort! Really love the straight barrel too, no annoying snags or not sitting quite flush in the focuser/diagonal issues! 

These should sell out fast, I wish I was in the running!

The SLVs are a personal favourite of mine too.

I think we sent John a set for review, I'll search SGL then post a link when I find it. 

Steve 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, FLO said:

The SLVs are a personal favourite of mine too.

I think we sent John a set for review, I'll search SGL then post a link when I find it. 

Found it :smile: 

Vixen SLV Eyepiece Report

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, FLO said:

Good stuff, Steve, I read this at the time and the review certainly steered me down the road of SLV's. I must have bought at least half a dozen SLV's from FLO so far, but alas, kit is currency so they all got sold when cash was required. I'll get the set back one day I'm sure :) 

I think I'll have another read of John's review as and when the child demands allow  :director:, they've been on form today! so averaging about 1 demand per minute :boxing: 

Just ordered 4mm and 12mm SLV eyepieces.

I now have 25, 20, 15, 12, 10, 6, 4 SLV and 30 NPL.

That should cover all my needs in my scopes.

Avtar

2 people like this

Grr! I'm so close to clicking Checkout...still have other stuff to flog before my big upgrade.

Would the SLVs be a good match for the C9.25? I need to upgrade from the stock EPs and these seem to have a good rep, especially at the cost. Mainly for lunar and planetary viewing, although will be all round use. I have read that DELOS and Pentax XWs are great, but at a higher price point and have read that the SLVs are similar in performance to the XWs.... So very attractive at that price.... Thinking 25 and 10mm to get started with... 

1 person likes this

What a well timed deal, now have a nice matched set of SLV and one NPL.
Thank you FLO.

2 people like this

On 21/04/2017 at 23:02, Marky1973 said:

Would the SLVs be a good match for the C9.25? I need to upgrade from the stock EPs and these seem to have a good rep, especially at the cost. Mainly for lunar and planetary viewing, although will be all round use. I have read that DELOS and Pentax XWs are great, but at a higher price point and have read that the SLVs are similar in performance to the XWs.... So very attractive at that price.... Thinking 25 and 10mm to get started with... 

I use SLVs in my C8 and the view is excellent. Clear, crisp and with sharp stars to the stop, no noticable abberations to my eye at all. I note you have an EQ mount so they'll be fine for planetary with 50° FOV. I manage x200 on Jupiter by nudging my Alt/Az, although I've just picked up a cheap EQ5 to help with tracking on planetary sessions.

Cheers Jon. Found a WO SPL 12.5mm on AstroBoot in the meantime, so going to give that a go and have a think about a couple of SLVs to join it! :-)

1 person likes this

I cannot access FLO's site at work but if you have them could you put aside a pair of 12mm for me please? I intend to use these in Maxbright BVs.

I'll sort out payment / purchase later on.

Thanks

Shane

59 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I cannot access FLO's site at work but if you have them could you put aside a pair of 12mm for me please? I intend to use these in Maxbright BVs. 

No problem, consider it done :smile: 

Steve

Awesome thank you. In the interim, I'll have a think about whether I can afford a single 9mm too which would sit nicely between my 11mm and 7mm DeLites and complete my higher power set (until I can afford a new DeLite anyway!).

The Vixen SLV eyepieces are selling fast, in most instances we have only a handful remaining.

If you want one at £79 please place your order soon :smile: 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

The Vixen SLV eyepieces are selling fast, in most instances we have only a handful remaining.

If you want one at £79 please place your order soon :smile: 

The 4mm SLV will likely sell out first, or possibly the 12mm. 

My 12mm pair is already on the way - thanks guys! Trouble is I cannot use them until my anniversary at the end of next month - although I should comply with the rules about 'testing' to ensure they were not damaged in transit, naturally - or at least that's what I'll say if caught.

2 people like this

23 hours ago, FLO said:

The 4mm SLV will likely sell out first, or possibly the 12mm. 

The 4mm SLV eyepieces have sold out. 

People are understandably cynical when retailers say 'limited availability' but here at FLO we say it only when it's true :angel: 

If you want a Vixen SLV eyepiece at £79 please place your order soon as most focal lengths are selling fast. 

Steve

1 person likes this

Glad I got my order in for the 4mm and 12mm right at the begining.

Avtar

1 person likes this