Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Adventurer Tripod - Any good?

Hi,

I'm going to be purchasing a SkyWatcher Star Adventurer bundle for some astro imaging and want to know if this "matching" tripod is any good. I will only have a camera attached to the Mount.Tripod for Star Adventurer . Comes in at £69 with delivery. I am on a budget (£400 all in including the bundle). Is it also worth me purchasing a decent ball head mount (approx £20-£30). £275+£69+£30=withing budget. 

My requirements are that the bundle is portable (travel to and from Spain a lot, cabin bag only - great sky with minimal light pollution where we stay). Tripod will remain in Spain.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Look into getting an eq5 tripod if its going to stay in Spain, very sturdy for the SA,  you can get them for as little as £30 for a used one. You would need an adaptor to fit the 3/8 SA base to the M10 tripod (make one or buy one for 50 euros from Berlebach).

Archived