Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M78 Lum

Rodd

I was going to wait to post until I had a full image--but its looking like that won't happen EVER.  The clouds are a permanent fixture. This target is a sort of nemeses for me.  This image has 8 hours of 10 min subs with the Tvnp101is at f4.3.  It was just a pot of soup until finally some details in the background clouds started showing up.  Don't know if its my LP, or the target itself.  I did shoot many of the subs in the most light polluted region of my sky.  This image will have to wait till next year to get finished.  I am starting to see some potential in it. From now on I must shoot when it rises into the darker part of the heavens.

Lum-47invert.thumb.jpg.7726664276c0a7c59c95dd53da149e6a.jpg

23 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Looking good Rodd, join the club, I've got countless unfinished projects that I try to add a bit to every year :grin:

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I just have to remember to shoot my flats before I wait too long.

4 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Well framed Rodd and balanced processing :thumbsup:.  This will look great when you can capture the RGB, maybe some Ha too.

Thanks Barry--Looking forward to it.

Thanks Paddy.  Its amazing how fast the heavens spin for us.  It seems as though Orion was just high in the sky.  Between the Moon and the clouds, it is a wonder how I finish any image. 

Rodd

Archived