Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I Got Me A Monster! (Exp Sc 30/82 EP)

Well, not exactly in the artillery shell category, but my biggest EP so far! 

The Revelation Astro Superview 30/68 has been very satisfactory, but this ES is its replacement. 

The photo - complete with mandatory can of beans - shows how the EPs compare, and also gives the various weights.  Note the weight of the ES.  Online it is stated as 1410g, which really did put me off, but a member here helpfully corrected this, and now I have the value as 991g which is perfectly manageable in my 'scopes.

I shall give a comparison of the two EPs when conditions are right, then put the Rev up for sale.

Doug.

P1050564.JPG

Nice EP Doug. Let us know how it fares in the 8SE SCT as I may like one to use in my C8 SCT which is really the same beast as yours in reality. Need to get mine collimated better, as views last night were a little soft, so need to get that sorted before I splurge out on any extra EPs that may tempt! :) 

You will love this eyepiece, I bought mine last year and have had some of the best views ever with it.

Was worried about the weight and thought I might have to rebalance my 200p on the HEQ5 but it handled it fine.

Definitely a keeper.

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

Nice EP Doug. Let us know how it fares in the 8SE SCT as I may like one to use in my C8 SCT which is really the same beast as yours in reality. Need to get mine collimated better, as views last night were a little soft, so need to get that sorted before I splurge out on any extra EPs that may tempt! :) 

Thanks Gus - yes, I'll do a report/comparison soon, I hope. 

The C8 OTA and the 8SE are essentially the same, I believe.  I did a collimation on mine with a home-made star simulator - reckon it worked fine, and it was easier operating in the daylight!

Doug.

''Tis an absolute monster. Lovely view though. Best in a little frac. In fact, damn good in everything except fast Dobs. In my old ED80 it seemed like I could see half the sky in one Fov!

Paul

4 minutes ago, John said:

Excellent purchase Doug :icon_biggrin:

I still carry my 31 Nagler to and from the scope with 2 hands - I don't want to damage the patio if I dropped it !

Yes, John - I'm going be extremely careful that I don't knock the EP box or let the beast slip out of the diagonal!

Doug.

Archived