Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

Triumph guy66

6d mod problem!

11 posts in this topic

Morning. I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on my problem. I had my eos6d modded or astro and daytime use. Tried it last night with very unexpected results. 6d plus 4x power mate and field flattened on 100ed ds pro. light pollution is quite bad. I tried a cls clip filter but problem remained. Many thanks

20170420213830_IMG_0076.JPG

Hi. Maybe reflections in the barlow, something isn't square or WHY. Maybe best without it. Could you post two flat frames?

1: Attach a Canon lens, set to Av and point at even daylight sky.

2: Same but attached to your telescope with the same orientation as you took the original snap. 

Edited by alacant
1 person likes this

I'm at work currently but should be able to sort something tonight . Here's another ive downliaddd off the camera just now without the power mate and with a field flattener. Shorter exposure time with  higher iso. I've noticed with lower iso and longer exposures the problem gets exponentially worse

20170420220523_IMG_0085.JPG

Yep looking much better. Maybe something not quite square, but otherwise fine. Just lose the barlow;) HTH.

capt.JPG.a0a0e634ccda6c17196932877c68c6f3.JPG

I need the power mate for the magnification especially as I'm using full frame. ( I know bit of an obvious answer sorry)

Here's a shot with longer exposure lower iso. It's the shape of the vignetting that's bothering me. Lower left has a square shape almost like theirs either reflection bouncing back or somethings out of line

20170420221055_IMG_0087.JPG

Elimination... So it's not the barlow. Do you have  a shot without the ff? Everything looks offset to the left. Does a laser or a pinhole with a torch shining through centred in the focuser hit the centre of the objective lens? Is your camera heavy enough to misalign the focus tube? HTH.

By ff do you mean focal reducer? The shot with the Barlow didn't have the focal reducer on. The camera is heavy and extended quite far, though it was the same before the mod. Vignetting has always been a problem without the reducer  but never suffered from the squaring. Maybe I should send a shot to andy at astronomiser, he did the mod

6 hours ago, Triumph guy66 said:

Morning. I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on my problem......

20170420213830_IMG_0076.JPG

....I think you discovered a new comet!

1 person likes this

Have you blanked off the dslr viewfinder, as extraneous light gets in there?

Michael

1 person likes this