Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Soul Nebula

Mr_42tr0nomy

I forgot that I had gathered OIII data for this last summer. It's only 3, 1500 second exposures but it showed fairly nicely.. The Ha data on this object was impressive. I captured 3 hours  HA last summer as well. I normally strive for 10 hours minimum for narrowband targets but because I have been busy and the clouds Gods have been vicious, I probably wont work on this one again unless I'm doing a mosaic. Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy! CC welcome (:

Clear skies,

Teagan

Oiii: 3x1500s

Ha: 10x1500s

Scope: WO 102-gt

Camera: ATIK-414 monochrome

soul nebula final false color jpg_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Rodd said:

This blows me away!  The color is truly remarkable, as is the sense of depth.  Wonderful image.  Is this a crop?  Full resolution mode blows it up a bit. 

Thank you, Shibby. It is not a crop actually. I cut the edges out a bit to remove some artifacts but only very slightly. The full resolution mode brings out a lot of grain and noise which tends to be my arch nemesis while editing most of my images...

1 hour ago, Mr_42tr0nomy said:

Thank you, Shibby. It is not a crop actually. I cut the edges out a bit to remove some artifacts but only very slightly. The full resolution mode brings out a lot of grain and noise which tends to be my arch nemesis while editing most of my images...

You need ALLOT of data to process to full resolution mode tolerances.  While that is my goal usually--sometimes its just not possible.  

Rodd

Archived