sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

How to attach to an EdgeHD - New Finderscope and Mounting Kit

Hey I've just acquired the following:

IMG_0246.JPG.a8b5531fb2a119c2d5543638df1169fe.JPGIMG_1106.thumb.JPG.0e1e6d1c942592106c9043f44c49bb91.JPG

obviously not immediately compatible with my EdgeHD, but I'm betting that there should be a canny way of attaching the finder to the guidescope mount and that in turn to the rear cell of the Edge.  Anybody got any ideas, I'm looking for inspiration :-)

Kind Regards

Paul J.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geordie mc
      Skywatcher illuminated reticule eyepiece. It has a red crosshair pattern. I think it’s 24mm rather than the newer 12.5mm models. Great condition. Looking for £35 including postage from France. Thanks.

• By StargazerUK
      Hi All,
      I am currently researching which setup to purchase as my first proper scope (once they are back in stock).
      I thought I had settled on the Skywatcher Explorer 130ps AZ GTi but then I saw the Skywatcher Star Discovery 150i for just a little more money.
      Could anyone please tell me the difference between the 2 OTA's (other than the different aperture size), and also the difference between the 2 mounts?
      I realise that the AZ GTi can be modified to run in EQ mode whereas the Star Discovery can't.
      Can the Star Discovery view all the way to the zenith or does the OTA catch the mount or tripod before it gets there?

Thanks
    • By tooth_dr
      I've been trying to image a couple of galaxies per night, one pre and one post flip.  On early Saturday morning at 1:30am I changed over to M82, and acquired 63 x 3 mins subs, OSC, totalling 3 hours and 9 minutes of data. 
      Camera: ZWO 2600MC at -10 deg C, gain 100, offset 50
      Telescope: Skywatcher 250PX (blue tube), 1200mm F4.7
      Mount: Mesu e200
      Guiding: ZWO OAGv2, 290MM, PHD2
      Filters: None
      Software: APT for capture, APP and PS for processing

I havent really had a chance to get much use out of this camera since I bought it in December, and I havent processed many OSC images before.  I've a bit of work to do, but still very happy with the quality of the data for just 3 hours of integration time.  I would like to add some Ha to this, but purposely didnt bother during the recent clear spell, as it was moonless nights and I gathered some broadband data on other targets instead.

CC welcome.
      Adam

• By Turbocoo
      As above looking for scopes for both these mounts. Thanks 
    • By chrobakx
      Selling the Sky-watcher r.a. motor drive for eq2/cg3 mount.
      I was using it on my Celestron Astromaster 130eq. I was able to do some astrophotography with it, 15-20  seconds exposure time.
      Price £27 plus postage
      Payment method: PayPal, family and friends method or commercial and  buyer will pay fee 3% extra

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.