SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New additions to the Astro family!

A busy week this week collecting Astro stuff, and selling a few items too. New additions to my Astro family are a very nice Berlebach tripod (thanks Jon) which I picked up on Tuesday afternnoon (plus a Maplins 12V power supply too!). Then last night met up with Martin near Brentwood (again thanks!) to collect a Celestron C8 SCT, f6.4 reducer & 2" Baader click lock. Going to try out my Skytee II head on the Berlebach, and test the C8 out on my 6/8SE Goto mount. Hoping to observe JO25 tonight if the weather permits! Fingers well crossed! :) 

IMG_2489.thumb.JPG.89261b139dded58226338202ffebbe75.JPGIMG_2491.thumb.JPG.e68aea03ff365320d10a1a423fda4ff2.JPGIMG_2490.thumb.JPG.a8199cf638cb2483c2974bd7b15da483.JPGIMG_2492.thumb.JPG.507bcf22bb5f77ccb91cc393151bcce2.JPG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Swoop1 said:

Nice kit Knighty BUT, my significant other would defenistrate me if I put naked tripod spikes onto our carpet.........

Good job it is only me that has to worry about it then, apart from my dog! Hehe! ;) 

I do however plan to get the rubbber feet for it too at some point to swap as needed. :) 

3 minutes ago, cloudsweeper said:

Happy days, Gus!  I made a nice purchase this morning - roll on delivery tomorrow, then a clear sky for testing.  Report to follow!

Doug.

Good luck Doug. Hope the cloud penalties are not too severe! Hoping my weather app that's telling me that it may be clear later on tonight is correct, and not telling any porkies! ;) 

38 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Gus that looks really nice. I have the SkyTee 2 Mount and the Berlebach tripod but I don't have the C8 on the top. I always felt I should use the top bracket with something nice - I am tempted by your set up. Look forward to reading review reports from you.

Thanks Mark. :) After taking the photo with the C8 on the mount I found the scope actually balanced better on the side of the Skytee II mount, rather than using the top one. I plan to mod the mount later on this year to have an extra mount on the other side of the mount for the scopes I plan to use on it. Then use the top mount for a camera or something, but with no major weight on it.  

Very nice setup, you should have lots of fun with that. My main visual setup is also a C8 on a Skytee II, sometimes with the Tal 100RS on the other side (kindly provided by @Chris Lock). A really simple but effective setup. Would be even nicer with a Berlebach! :) 

39 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Very nice setup, you should have lots of fun with that. My main visual setup is also a C8 on a Skytee II, sometimes with the Tal 100RS on the other side (kindly provided by @Chris Lock). A really simple but effective setup. Would be even nicer with a Berlebach! :) 

Hi Rob. Yes, I think Chris supplies scopes to all on SGL. I've bought a couple off him as well! ;)

If it all works out I plan to use the C8 mainly on the 8SE Goto mount, and leave the Berlebach and Skytee II to my two long 'fracs. Things may be a little more fluid than that, but I'll wait and see how it goes. :) 

1 minute ago, Chris Lock said:

Fingers crossed for you, let us all know how you get on with your new toys :) 

Will do. Going to check on the cloud situation in a minute. Hoping it's starting to thin out so I can hunt for 2014 JO25. :) 

Just now, Knighty2112 said:

Will do. Going to check on the cloud situation in a minute. Hoping it's starting to thin out so I can hunt for 2014 JO25. :) 

Well I hope you get to see that Gus, would be great to bag a NEO like that one! :) 

Just now, Knighty2112 said:

Hi Rob. Yes, I think Chris supplies scopes to all on SGL. I've bought a couple off him as well! ;)

If it all works out I plan to use the C8 mainly on the 8SE Goto mount, and leave the Berlebach and Skytee II to my two long 'fracs. Things may be a little more fluid than that, but I'll wait and see how it goes. :) 

lol Yeah I think between me, @DRT and a select few others we must supply most of SGL. 

What can I say, I'm not very good at keeping scopes :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Forgot to mention that Berlebach tripod when at full hight is very tall! ??

Is it the Uni 28 Gus ?

I have one - they do go very tall indeed !

1 hour ago, Chris Lock said:

lol Yeah I think between me, @DRT and a select few others we must supply most of SGL. 

What can I say, I'm not very good at keeping scopes :lol: 

Oi!!!

Ok, yes, you're not wrong :rolleyes2:

Archived