SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Jupiter worth sharing 19-04-17

Jonk

I'm not usually a planetary imager, but as it was clear-ish here last night, I made the effort to do something for an hour or so before bed.

Here's a Jupiter taken with a Starwave 4" doublet, 1m FL with 2.25x barlow, and Imaging Source DFK618 OSC camera.

2 minutes at 30fps, using autostakkert, registax, PS and LR to produce a reasonable effort.

Nothing like the good planet images posted here, but an image nonetheless!

Nice moon too.

58f88eaebe489_22_44_34_g4_ap47_convregips.jpg.a7df357bc8ec40d88f9dd479f75ced89.jpg

I haven't been up to much astronomy wise recently Dave, since January the skies haven't been that clear and when they have, it's been so misty and milky there's not much that can be done.

Also, as the weather has been warmer (apart from this week!) I've spent a lot of time out on the bike well into the evenings.

As summer approaches, I'll hopefully be back on the MW timelapses and hopefully some very wide field imaging.

I'm not sure I can get a better Jupiter with my kit, but hey, it's imaging something that counts right?

I might try the big Dob for my next Jupiter test - should be better resolution as it's nearly double the FL of the 4" frac.

Haven't achieved much myself due to the weather, been trying to image M81 / M82 for a couple of months, did manage to catch the asteroid last night through the murk.

May be down your way the weekend of the 13th / 14th May will be in touch when it's settled.

Dave

Archived