SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

At home to Mr Cock Up: Moon Mosiac April 6th

cuivenion

The plan was to spend the night imaging Jupiter but the seeing was so good when I focused on the moon I couldn't resist doing a quick mosiac. Unfortunately I missed a bit as I was rushing it, but I still think it's worth uploading especially seen as it was taken through tree branches. Taken on ‎April ‎6, ‎2017, at ‏‎1:44:57 AM with a Skywatcher 200p on an AstroEQ Vixen GP. Camera was an Altair GPCAM, capture software was Sharpcap.

It was processed with PIPP, Autostakkert, Registax, Microsoft Ice and GIMP 2.9. A 10 panel mosiac, best 60% of 948 frames. Click on the image for full resolution:

58f84e84c242f_stitchwaveletsFinal.thumb.jpg.0b6ce8962923fff58ee3b9b850474322.jpg

stitch wavelets Final.tif

Thanks guys. It is gutting about the missing pane, but there's a couple of lessons learned from this image. The main one being to orientate the camera properly so it's easier to overlap the different panes. I'll know better next time.

Top Notch job despite the small gap. 
These things happen, but it does not detract from well constructed mosaic.
No doubt you will amend it later, but don't be disheartened,
it is still a stunning result.

4 minutes ago, barkis said:

Top Notch job despite the small gap. 
These things happen, but it does not detract from well constructed mosaic.
No doubt you will amend it later, but don't be disheartened,
it is still a stunning result.

I didn't think it would be possible to update it with future captures, but I suppose it's worth a try. Thanks for the kind words.

I've managed to fill in the gap on a mosaic with a missing piece - but never on the limb, that makes the age of the moon really important - and even an hour or two difference (and of course libration) mean that a replacement pane cannot be used. 

Ant

15 minutes ago, Ant said:

I've managed to fill in the gap on a mosaic with a missing piece - but never on the limb, that makes the age of the moon really important - and even an hour or two difference (and of course libration) mean that a replacement pane cannot be used. 

Ant

That makes sense, I might give it a go then.

Archived