Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alan White

Vixen GP2 EQ Mount - SOLD

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have my Vixen GP2 mount up for sale.   This is the GP2 not the older GP mount.
Bought this recently to try EQ mounts after having used Alt Az for ages, as you can see its not for me.

The mount is the head, boxed with the manual hand drive only, selling my Skywatcher Dual Drive in a separate listing.

The mount had barely been used by its first owner and had had about 6 hours use from me since purchase.
A couple of use marks on the clamp area, looks really nice and silky smooth in use.
I wish this had worked for me as the build quality is Japanese engineering at its best.

The mount fits on an EQ5 tripod well, no tripod is included within this sale.

58f7b75425e3c_unnamed3.thumb.jpg.8674064d72d94dc24cf9335d605ae778.jpg

IMG_2799.thumb.JPG.ac9568099efa8bfcc27aa29cb1ee7529.JPG

IMG_2801.thumb.JPG.55c5c3f42e548a5717e56fbde401f128.JPG

Bottom picture shows drives in situ, these are not part of this sale and are for sale as a separate item.

I am wanting £225.  Or you are welcome to collect from Essex.

Edited by Alan White

Am I asking too much for this fine mount or are things like this a slow burn selling?

"Am I asking too much for this fine mount or are things like this a slow burn selling? "

This is a very good mount.

Just for reference - I have it's predecessor the GP - which I bought in mint condition with wooden tripod, counterweight, pier extension and manual controls for £180.

Edited by dweller25

Just for reference, recently on ABS an EQ5 with polar scope and motors sold for £225.

You are possibly about £100 over priced.

Price now revised to market value.

Please note this is the newer GP2 model, so newer than GP models that have been for sale recently.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0