Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_jupiter.jpg

FLO

Celestron NexStar Evolution Mount

7 posts in this topic

We have a small number of Celestron Nexstar Evolution mounts available at only £799  B)

A portable computerised GoTo mount with integrated lithium-ion battery (10-hours continuous use on a single charge) and integrated WiFi that enables you to slew to targets using your smartphone or tablet. 

cel_nexstarevo_mount_1.jpg

Hi FLO,
How does the weight of these mounts compare with say an HEQ5? And what size of SCT OTA will this fit up to max e.g. C925 or C8
Thank you :)

3 hours ago, festoon said:

Hi FLO,
How does the weight of these mounts compare with say an HEQ5? And what size of SCT OTA will this fit up to max e.g. C925 or C8
Thank you :)

It's the same mount used for all three sizes of  ota (C6, C8 and C9.25) , but a more robust tripod is used for the 9.25. So the one on sale is the lighter tripod - it's still much beefier than the other Nexstar tripods. Handles a C8 with ease. 

2 people like this

Thanks for the info Mark 😀

Im also wondering how heavy the mount and tripod is together. I have an eq6 and heq5 and find the heq5 mount and tripod is about the maximum I can carry without struggling 😀

1 person likes this

Sorry - my knowledge runs out there. But I found the Evolution tripod and mount OK to carry outside together until my back got worse a year ago. It's a superb set up with the internal battery and strong gears and wi-fi.

I'm only 5 foot tall and am happy carrying it around. The mount is easy to carry - partly due to weight, but also because it is easier to hold as it has handles in convenient places.  If you can carry a HEQ5 I'd say this would be easier.   I really like mine :icon_biggrin:

Helen

1 person likes this

I saw a specification stating that the mount weight is 7.5 kg and the tripod is 6 kg. I don't know if the latter is for the lighter or heavier tripod though.

/Lars