Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron NexStar Evolution Mount

3 hours ago, festoon said:

Hi FLO,
How does the weight of these mounts compare with say an HEQ5? And what size of SCT OTA will this fit up to max e.g. C925 or C8
Thank you :)

It's the same mount used for all three sizes of  ota (C6, C8 and C9.25) , but a more robust tripod is used for the 9.25. So the one on sale is the lighter tripod - it's still much beefier than the other Nexstar tripods. Handles a C8 with ease. 

Thanks for the info Mark ?

Im also wondering how heavy the mount and tripod is together. I have an eq6 and heq5 and find the heq5 mount and tripod is about the maximum I can carry without struggling ?

I'm only 5 foot tall and am happy carrying it around. The mount is easy to carry - partly due to weight, but also because it is easier to hold as it has handles in convenient places.  If you can carry a HEQ5 I'd say this would be easier.   I really like mine :icon_biggrin:

Helen

Archived