Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Ever Master Frame - Moon - April 2017

pne_rob

i haven't posted on here for a while because ive had astrophotography burnout (is that possible?) but thought i'd try moon photography for the first time and try stacking multiple images with Registax, i would like any feedback possible and i am meaning relative to a professional taking this photograph because i want to get better. This was about 6 frames stacked.

Equipment used

Camera - Canon 100d

Lens - Sigma 70-300mm f 5.6 DG

Tripod - Zomei Z818

Untitled-2.jpg

Moved to Imaging- Lunar, with link left in observing.

Nice image, sharp and lots of detail. Looked a little dark on my iPhone so I gave it a little tweak which shows it much better. Probably due to difference in screen settings I guess.

There does seem to be some diagonal 'noise' running through it, poss due to registax?

IMG_0869.JPG

15 hours ago, Stu said:

Moved to Imaging- Lunar, with link left in observing.

Nice image, sharp and lots of detail. Looked a little dark on my iPhone so I gave it a little tweak which shows it much better. Probably due to difference in screen settings I guess.

There does seem to be some diagonal 'noise' running through it, poss due to registax?

IMG_0869.JPG

it could be possibly be ye, it was custom wavelet settings as i didnt find the perfect scheme for this particular image. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice first attempt.  I find I have to be careful with the sharpening in Registack.  It is very easy to cross the line.  The problem is, once you notice the effects of crossing the line, you actually crossed it several iterations ago.  The data can take you only so far, beyond which lay the quagmire of artifacts and ghosts.  In this case--a bit of stippling.  The Moon is awesome--and you have done it justice.

Rodd

Archived