SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How much Dob does a Dob Mob bod have if a Dob bod could have Dob?

JOC

1 minute ago, Phil Fargaze said:

We must consider health and safety here. Being half way up a step ladder in those heels is just too dangerous. Plus that's no way to be dressed in the middle of the night, that lady could catch a nasty chill, especially in our typical English climate.

I think you have nicely captured what all of us were thinking, Phil :wink:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Phil Fargaze said:

that's no way to be dressed in the middle of the night

Yes - I agree, a rookie mistake.  Increased risk of body heat disrupting the light path.  I mean c'mon: fit the shroud on the scope...

I did say don't look...this thread is what it's all about with us letting your hair down, enjoying each other's company and putting a smile on everyone's face. Like a lot of things in life what started off fun soon becomes a chore,we aren't out every night stargazing, but when we are ....we make sure it's done with a smile 

13 hours ago, faulksy said:

when we formed the dobmob, i had a little 14" we have all grown up now, mapster has the biggest but soon to be over powered by a 24" :headbang:

Just curious about the 24" Mike, is this to be a collective dob mob project or instigated by a dob mob member, expect that we will all get to learn in due course :smiley:?

1 minute ago, scarp15 said:

Just curious about the 24" Mike, is this to be a collective dob mob project or instigated by a dob mob member, expect that we will all get to learn in due course :smiley:?

Cal has aperture fever :D:D 

54 minutes ago, scarp15 said:

what steve said

51 minutes ago, swamp thing said:

Cal has aperture fever :D:D 

looks like the cat is out of the bag :headbang:

The Dob Mob flag is super cool! :) 

I wonder what happens if you meet a guy like this on your way though.. :evil: He might say "Fellas.. no small finders here!" :boxing:   :happy1:

p.s. just kidding, I am sure you would have an awesome party under the stars! :smile:

1070_Movingaround_full.jpg

Source with other photos: http://www.cruxis.com/scope/scope1070.htm

Isn't that ^^^ just awesome!  It's just dawning on me that the length to the secondary mirror (and therefore the length of the Dobs) must be governed by the curvature of the mirror and therefore its point of focus - is there then an optimal curvature for the huge mirrors that are used?

18 minutes ago, JOC said:

Isn't that ^^^ just awesome!  It's just dawning on me that the length to the secondary mirror (and therefore the length of the Dobs) must be governed by the curvature of the mirror and therefore its point of focus - is there then an optimal curvature for the huge mirrors that are used?

what ever you fancy, the bigger the faster so you need less steps simple as that

Archived