Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How much Dob does a Dob Mob bod have if a Dob bod could have Dob?

JOC

So the 'Dob Mob' seem to have near legendary status on SGL and I am so impressed with the instruments that are the mighty Dobs themselves.  The photos from the recent star party gathering were great.   I love that many of these appear to have names like famous ships have.  I wondered how many famous big Dobs there are and what their names are and if there is some sort of minimum size before a Dob is admitted into this elite group?  From what I see these instruments appear to get into this elite class at around 16"-18"+ or is it bigger?  In terms of those that make an appearance at star parties which is the biggest currently making a semi-regular appearance at star events in the UK?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I've seen that girl advertising scopes somewhere else. Does anyone know what the story is? Seems a bit of an odd marketing approach for a big lump of wood and glass :confused: 

8 minutes ago, estwing said:

Websters page...that's where the pics from...don't ever go on there website!

That's like telling a 14 year old boy not to look at the top shelf in a newsagents :lol:

23 minutes ago, DRT said:

a big lump of wood and glass :confused: 

Wot big lump of wood and glass ? I didnt notice any ! :angel9:

45 minutes ago, estwing said:

There's no aperture restrictions you just need to see the light...:icon_biggrin:

but make sure it is an f3.5 or less so the light isnt at the end of a long tunnel :D

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

when we formed the dobmob, i had a little 14" 

Funnily enough there is a picture of you up a ladder looking through a 14" scope on Webster's website :wink:

We must consider health and safety here. Being half way up a step ladder in those heels is just too dangerous. Plus that's no way to be dressed in the middle of the night, that lady could catch a nasty chill, especially in our typical English climate.

Archived