SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SX FW cabling

MN66User

Hi,

having just received an SX trius 694M with EFW I was wondering if anyone has found a source of a shorter cable that connects the FW body back to the body of the SX camera.

The supplied cable is far too long and the mini-USB to USB 2.0 male/female adaptor to mini-USB cable is a bit long and can get tangled.

regards

Robert

I don't know exactly what sort of cable you are after but when I need a cable I usually look on Lindy cables website.They seem to have most type of cables and provide a good service

Hi Andyo,

thanks - I have looked at the Lindy offerings but they don'y do exactly what I am after - I have also tried my local computer shop and they drew a blank too.

The cable I am looking for is as follows:

length - about 30cm - 1m is too long though I could coil it up

end 1 - USB 2.0 mini-type B plug 5 position - camera end

end 2 - USB 2.0 type B plug - FW body end

I can do this with two cables but I cannot get both cables very short and it introduces another connector that could pull part.

I think that they can be got in the US but not here in the UK - and e-bay drew a blank too.

Any ideas?

regards

Robert

Hi Robert other than suggesting giving Lindy a call to see if they could source one for you the only other thing I can think of is to try emailing astronomiser who may be able to help you out ,I think he makes custom cables for cameras but I think mainly for dslr's

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AndyO,

tried Astronomiser but no response yet.

Also tried SX themselves who pointed me towards ebay - but only available from USA with a lot of postage to pay [cable costs about $2 postage about $15].

Anyway I have found a two-piece cable that is short enough that I can tie it around the mount on Amazon.

Hopefully that will work.

regards

Robert

No, that's full size A to mini B. What's needed is full size B to mini B.

Why SX went with such an awkward connecter on the cam beats me, as ZWO managed to fit full size A sockets on the ASI 1600.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived