Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

polar alignment is way off??

23 minutes ago, JOC said:

Perhaps all the various systems are different, but with mine I have to choose the location of the first star in the calibration process myself after setting the location, time & date etc. I wouldn't be in a position of letting it find the first star.  If I updated the location I'd then have to re-calibrate it myself and therefore locate my own first star.  I guess all the systems are different.  Also the relative position of the star you use would change from night to night, even hour to hour so I guess I'm a little baffled! LOL  It always seems to work with my location (you do need your GPS switched on, on the phone), and you can always double check the lat and long on Google maps.

If I turn on the location/GPS on my phone the lat/long pops up on the app..like I say they slightly differ to the coordinates on my handset thats programmed in..once I've polar aligned I then do a 2 star alignment with 3 or 4 star calibrations..i can select the star from the list that's available...but when the first star is way off by some margin I'd say the coordinates are wrong so redone the lat/long on the handset  and it then worked fine....

What I'm saying is don't trust an app to be 100% right..cos it isn't.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

As stargazer and developer of Synscaninit I am interested in this discussion. Especialy the accuracy of th app. In fact when you develope an app using GPS feature, you only use the calculation directly done by your device, there is no added calculation. So it means that the accuracy of that app is just the accuracy of your device. To confirm that you can use another app GPS focused as GPS test and see if the coordinates are different.

I would be interested to have more information. What is the variance between your phone with synscaninit and your other device? at same location same time of course. Also check if you have same format xx°xx'

If others users have the same issue, do not hesitate to describe your issue.

Thank you for your feed back. That can help to improve this app.

Clear Sky

Archived