SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Second go at M27

Starflyer

I imaged M27 a while back with the 5" Newt, I decided to have another go last Friday evening with the 10" Newt, the Atik 0.5 reducer and Atik camera. Lo and behold the clouds rolled in and cut short my attempt :)

25 lights at 30 seconds and 20 darks, stacked in DSS, then some fumbling in CS3.

7944_normal.jpeg

It needs more data I think.

Ian

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the kind comment :)

I think the Atik reducer gives 0.5x the 'scopes' focal length at 80mm from the sensor (or something like that), there's a formula somewhere to work out the reduction at different distances but I can't seem to find it now. I was using it at around 45-50mm from the chip, I'll have to have measure it to be sure.

The image scale is huge with the 10" newt; the focal length is 1600mm :( I'm not certain but I think the Atik has the same chip as the Toucam II but with amp off and air cooling to reduce the noise.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived