Narrowband

Basic astrophotography setup?

That's approx $400 for the two and you won't be able to guide.  £312 in UK money.

The Skywatcher Star Adventurer is £275 for the bundle, tracks and guides and will take a light weight telescope $351

Also never sure about those mounts that have hand controls and then you attach a motor to them.  I had hand controls once and they used to slip, a motor which attaches to the same points would have been useless.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-star-adventurer-astronomy-bundle.html

It's a shame FLO don't deliver to the USA.

That American site I linked that sells them sells the EQ base separately, I can't see the sense in that, but see how much extra that is, it might come to the same as the cost of buying in the UK.  

Carole 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, carastro said:

That's approx $400 for the two and you won't be able to guide.  £312 in UK money.

The Skywatcher Star Adventurer is £275 for the bundle, tracks and guides and will take a light weight telescope $351

Also never sure about those mounts that have hand controls and then you attach a motor to them.  I had hand controls once and they used to slip, a motor which attaches to the same points would have been useless.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-star-adventurer-astronomy-bundle.html

It's a shame FLO don't deliver to the USA.

That American site I linked that sells them sells the EQ base separately, I can't see the sense in that, but see how much extra that is, it might come to the same as the cost of buying in the UK.  

Carole 

Thanks! that really helps. I was looking for a bundle of all the items and could not find it. the extra $40 for shipping I can handle.

2 hours ago, carastro said:

So are you saying that FLO will ship to the USA for $40?

They are good astro traders and are the sponsors for this forum, you won't go wrong with FLO. 

Carole 

Yes they do ship to the US, price of shipping depends on the item.

Great, well keep us informed.  I have now found the international page of their site, says it takes 20 - 30 days delivery, but to get the right thing at the right price it will be worth waiting.

Carole 

21 minutes ago, carastro said:

Great, well keep us informed.  I have now found the international page of their site, says it takes 20 - 30 days delivery, but to get the right thing at the right price it will be worth waiting.

Carole 

Thanks!

Archived