Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

BeeJay

Waning Gibbous Moon 88% illumination

Good Morning, 

Last night I decided to get myself off the sofa and collect moon images for stacking. It was around 01:00 and the Moon was 3 hours after moon - rise. The viability was OK. Not perfect but I wanted data. 

Nikon d7200, Sigma 150-600mm Sport +1.4TC gave me a focal length of 1260mm. I was limited to f/9 160sec ISO 1OO. I know that the lens is at its sharpest at f/11 but the image seemed  too dark at this aperture. 

I took around 100 exposures and used Asrostakkert for stacking. 

The image posted here is optimised for web viewing at a reduced resolution. 

Please let me know what you think ? 

DSC_5450_pipp_Reg_ps-edit.jpg

Edited by BeeJay
  • Like 6

yes, like this, gives me something to aspire to, similar lens, same camera. thanks bud, keep em coming,  Lum