SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tak130 on ebay

There is a Tak 130 on ebay over this week for a remarkable price. I was initially interested but the advert keeps on being taken down after a few days and put up again with a different buyer name with a different buyer history. Proceed with caution.

Be warned! It is a scam! It regularly pops up, and I report it every time I see it :) 

Easy to spot as they put a separate contact email in one of the pictures which is against the rules and designed to get you to pay outside PayPal.

Stay well clear!

It is a well known scam. A genuine ebay sellers site gets hacked and flooded with bogus listings. All the items "for sale" are high value and are offered for sale at below their true value (usually about £1200-£1300). The "seller" also requires you to contact them through a gmail account and will probably ask you to pay direct, not through paypal.

40 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

I really wish Ebay would do more to prevent this type of fraud, no wonder i hardly use my account these days

there's a lot in the same frame of mind Jules...

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Be warned! It is a scam! It regularly pops up, and I report it every time I see it :) 

Easy to spot as they put a separate contact email in one of the pictures which is against the rules and designed to get you to pay outside PayPal.

Stay well clear!

Me too! ? I report this one when I see it. They have a couple of Astro items, I report them too. The last time it popped up it seemed they had hijacked a legit account. I have no idea why eBay can't block them!

4 hours ago, surfindogg said:

Me too! ? I report this one when I see it. They have a couple of Astro items, I report them too. The last time it popped up it seemed they had hijacked a legit account. I have no idea why eBay can't block them!

They have been using the same approach (and the same photos !) for the past 5 years or more. They go quiet for a bit and then come back with a rash of adverts for the same old stuff.

I feel sorry for the e.bay account holders that have been hacked - some of them have loads of positive feedback and have obviously been buying and selling perfectly legitimately before having their accounts hacked and misused by these clowns :icon_frown:

I once got something taken off eBay for having the words "for sale elsewhere on eBay" in the listing! If they can spot that surely they can spot the same email address coming up in multiple ads. Make you wonder ....:hmh:

Archived