Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 1st April.

On 14/04/2017 at 16:53, bottletopburly said:

Nice image what was your  set up ,processing steps ,capture software etc

Thanks, SW 200 with a canon 100D fixed to a televue 5x. 30 second capture Ran through PIPP to convert to .AVI as it outputs to .MOV, Then AutoStakkert. Thats it.

Me too. It's a great photo. I'd like to know how you got such clarity of focus. I have a 200 mm Newtonian, but I can't do this.

Do you use a Bahtinov mask to get focus?

Do you use a microfocuser?

Regards

Steve.

2 minutes ago, SteveBz said:

Me too. It's a great photo. I'd like to know how you got such clarity of focus. I have a 200 mm Newtonian, but I can't do this.

Regards

Steve.

i use a 200mm ,bahtinov mask is a must with a dslr ,with a skywatcher motorised focuser ,and good collimation 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Very nice capture, Was the 200 on an EQ mount to allow you to track?

Yea, i did use an EQ5 mount. and picked up on 2 stars for better alignment

1 hour ago, SteveBz said:

Regards

Steve.

I didnt use an autofocuser but i did use a Bahtinov. can be tricky as even tightening the locking screw can push it out of focus.

41 minutes ago, Danny83uk said:

Yea, i did use an EQ5 mount. and picked up on 2 stars for better alignment

I didnt use an autofocuser but i did use a Bahtinov. can be tricky as even tightening the locking screw can push it out of focus.

the sw auto focuser is definetley worth investing in locks it solid https://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/skywatcher-auto-focuser.html and gives slow focus in and out 

7 hours ago, Danny83uk said:

I find that too. I think I've got focus. Tighten and bang. It's gone again.

Steve

On 17/04/2017 at 21:52, des anderson said:

Good Image....NO A GREAT IMAGE, for a first try.Well done.Des

Thank you very much. I'll be honest I walked away from the session thinking what a waste of time and they looked terrible on the camera. But once I loaded them up the following day on the pc I was pleasantly surprised. 

Great image well done, I put your image into gimp and duplicated it then stacked them together...I think it helped bring out some more colour and contrast showing the festoons with a little more detail.

I hope you don't mind :).

Play-2.jpg.dc4734f7951c57e3efc9b2f98a269339.jpg

2 hours ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

Great image well done, I put your image into gimp and duplicated it then stacked them together...I think it helped bring out some more colour and contrast showing the festoons with a little more detail.

I hope you don't mind :).

Dont mind at all, What program is Gimp and what can it do? i dont fancy searching for it on the internet.

14 hours ago, Danny83uk said:

i dont fancy searching for it on the internet.

:) It's similar to photoshop but free...Working in the layers box I duplicated your image and then adjusted the top layers attributes between multiply/screen/overlay/addition to see which worked the best, I think I used "multiply" for your image then adjusted the opacity scale to reduce the effect...it's a very basic procedure and perhaps a very amateur way to process these type of images. I hardly ever google anything I usually YouTube first. Gimp image program.

I haven't watched this video but I can see there working on 2 layers similar to the way I edited your image.

1 hour ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

:) It's similar to photoshop but free...Working in the layers box I duplicated your image and then adjusted the top layers attributes between multiply/screen/overlay/addition to see which worked the best, I think I used "multiply" for your image then adjusted the opacity scale to reduce the effect...it's a very basic procedure and perhaps a very amateur way to process these type of images. I hardly ever google anything I usually YouTube first. Gimp image program.

I haven't watched this video but I can see there working on 2 layers similar to the way I edited your image.

Thanks, Layer masking im aware of. I use it on almost all my lunar imaging and a bit on dso (Masking the object to boost the background brightness) Hadnt thought about using it on planets.

Archived