Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Widefield, Special Events and Comets - Showcase 2016

Please use this thread to showcase your best images captured during 2016. Just one post per member but you can include up to 5 images if you want.

The thread is for all imagers novices and advanced. 

Please keep details to a minimum - scope and camera possibly along with a few comments.

The thread needs to be packed with images so please don't respond to the postings 

• Helen pinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Hi Victor, getting to this thread quite late. I had a quick look at your blog, it seems you've moved on a bit since those pictures! One thing I noticed, do you realize your 2nd pic in the series posted above features Triangulum (M33) as a noticeable object as well as Andromeda (M31) ?

Your first pics are very like my first ones, which is what drew my interest.

Good luck with your journey, seems like you have an interesting future ahead of you!

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Magenta said:

Hi Victor, getting to this thread quite late. I had a quick look at your blog, it seems you've moved on a bit since those pictures! One thing I noticed, do you realize your 2nd pic in the series posted above features Triangulum (M33) as a noticeable object as well as Andromeda (M31) ?

Your first pics are very like my first ones, which is what drew my interest.

Good luck with your journey, seems like you have an interesting future ahead of you!

Cheers, Magnus

Thank you very much Magnus! Haha, yes the Triangulum Galaxy is in the photo, but it is more difficult to observe than other galaxies because of its low surface brightness and relatively dim core. Yes, I have made very large improvements since these photos, but the lack of time and clear skies has kept me from pursuing the hobby. I have had a couple of clear nights, which has kept my interest going, and then of course this forum.

Thank you for taking a look at my website!

Victor

I'll keep in touch with your website - do not neglect it!

By way of quid pro quo if you're interested you might be interested in my website, a good starting-point bearing in mind what we're talking about here, is www.slidingseat.net/stars/stars.html#startingout .

Cheers, Magnus

• Like 1