Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific 62° Series LER Eyepieces

Sadly ES purged eyepieces always loose a little ER due to the purge seal around the recessed eye lens so in most cases you can knock at least a mm of each of the quoted figures.

11 hours ago, FLO said:

Here are the specifications from our product description page: 

explore_scientific_62-degree_eyepieces.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2017 at 19:04, FLO said:

es_62_1.jpg

12 hours ago, FLO said:

Here are the specifications from our product description page: 

explore_scientific_62-degree_eyepieces.png

I can't help but think if ES had offered the 26, 32 & 40mm 2" eyepieces separately, just those three, we would be having a different conversation. 

Steve 

25 minutes ago, FLO said:

I can't help but think if ES had offered the 26, 32 & 40mm 2" eyepieces separately, just those three, we would be having a different conversation. 

Steve 

What if one compares the specs to those of the 68 degree counterparts?

:rolleyes2:

1 hour ago, FLO said:

42 minutes ago, iPeace said:

What if one compares the specs to those of the 68 degree counterparts?

:rolleyes2:

Precisely :smile: 

If we were discussing only the three 2" models the conversation would then not be centred around eye-relief (the 2" models have plenty of eye-relief). We would instead be discussing how their build quality and optical performance compares to similarly spec'd/priced models. 

Anyhow, it is what it is. I began this thread only to say they are now available here in the U.K. 

39 minutes ago, Andy Mitchell said:

Does the 26mm one have a 1.25" or 2" barrel? The picture suggests the former, and the text the latter.

You are thinking of the 1.25" 20mm eyepiece, the 26mm has a 2" nosepiece. The text is correct. 

HTH, 

Steve

4 minutes ago, FLO said:

You are thinking of the 1.25" 20mm eyepiece, the 26mm has a 2" nosepiece. The text is correct.

Ah, I see what you mean. We correctly identify the nosepiece sizes in the product selection list and in the specifications but in the product description I refered only to the 1.25" nosepiece. That was ambiguous - sorry :smile: 

Steve

Just now, Stu said:

Sure it will get sorted, just put it down to youthful enthusiasm :) 

I am not youthful enough to use that excuse. Was rushing to add them to our website and announce them here before closing for the Easter break. Silly mistake, I should have known better. 

I have corrected our spec' table and options list. Apologies for having caused confusion :blush: 

Steve 

I shouldn't worry too much Steve, you're not the only retailer being confounded by ES and this particular line ;) It will be interesting to find out how they compared to the ES68 at the longer lengths... I also think the removing LER is a characteristically honest move.

James

Just as the ES 24/68 does a very nice job when compared to a Panoptic, it is attractive to read "62 degrees" and "LER" and think "DeLite". I admit it was my first thought. I am still inclined to assume these are decent enough in their own right.

Time will tell - as will a nice review by a knowledgeable colleague in due course.

:icon_biggrin:

According to CN, initially the 62° was supposed to be a true LER series. They even showed a prototype in some fairs and the optical designer was the same behind the 92° LER. Then something went wrong (costs overrun perhaps.... who knows?) and they come out with those eps; obviously the marketing guys "forget" to remove the LER hypens when the project changed.

Archived