Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

alignment update

ok so i have tried again to slew correctly and i have noticed the keypad gives two options i.e west and south but no east or north this is annoying because i know Betelguese lies west of me directly to the front of my home at approx 8pm at around 26 degrees, im not worried that the mount wont slew  directly down that fat when the index points are correct, and therefore it take a long upside down route to achieve that position but it still slews if you can picture this south south west from the western point Beltelguese actually lies at( basically imagine west being north for a moment) or lets say west is 12pm the scope slews to around 7 pm 

I have set time and date correctly and set position to Birmingham although i live in Northampton this is the only closest city option.

can i please have techy expert advice.

one word of heads up i honestly have severe adhd and austism which is a blessing for certain knowledge and numbers and hyper passion for my passion but when it comes to acronyms and someone saying or typing over used vocabulary, i will struggle to understand.

not that i dont understand the words it depends on what way you explain so it almost needs to be bullet point text. i have followed manual and three times over but im still at same point this is why i think it may need an update.

so i really need a visitor with better tech experience than myself to pop by if possible.

i would be as i said appreciated. 

I can't understand if your issue is:

1) the scope slews to Betelgeuse but takes the long way around?

2) the scope slews to the wrong position?

If it is (1) then it could be correct.

Equatorial goto mounts will not slew across the meridian on its south side (the imaginary line passing north-south through the celestial pole and the zenith).

If your scope is pointing one side of the meridian, even by only a degree, and you ask it slew using a goto command to the other side, it will go the long way around.

It does this to always keep the counterweight below the scope. Many mounts can physically move past the meridian and will track past the meridian. However, they will not slew using goto past the meridian. They will go the long way from East through North around to the West.

If it is (2) then it could be a number of issues such as date/time/location settings. Is the date in the correct format - month day year. Is the time adjusted for summer time? Birmingham UK and not Birmingham Alabama US?

Archived