Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BST StarGuider ED Eyepieces at FLO

After receiving a number of requests we are now stocking BST StarGazer ED eyepieces :smile:

All seven focal lengths - 3.2, 5, 8, 12, 15, 18 & 25mm - are in stock for same-day dispatch.  

They are priced at £49 and discounts are available for bundles: 

Buy 2 or more to save 10% 

Buy 4 or more 15% 

Buy 7 or more 20%! 

There is no need to contact us for a discount, simply place the eyepieces in your shopping cart. The discount is automatically calculated and applied when at the Checkout. Nice and easy. 

And, like all eyepieces purchased at FLO, BST StarGuider ED eyepieces are covered by our 30-day return policy so you can buy with confidence :angel:

bst_sg_12_1%5B2%5D.jpg

Dear FLO, that's a great new. There's some way you can lower shipping expenses for small items in EU? Because 15£ of shipping for a 49£ eyepiece is a little bit high.

At least, you can do it for two years; after that, I fear customs, duties and fees will destroy the convenience of buying in UK for Europeans.

12 hours ago, Louis D said:

This makes it even easier to recommend these to newbies looking for a better than stock eyepiece.  Now, they can improve their views and support SGL at the same time.

Everyone wins. Excellent :smile: 

1 hour ago, Rick_It said:

Dear FLO, that's a great new. There's some way you can lower shipping expenses for small items in EU? Because 15£ of shipping for a 49£ eyepiece is a little bit high.

We are looking into that (we have a number of small accessories that are popular outside the UK) but it appears the only way we can reduce delivery prices of small items to non-UK addresses is to send them via regular post, without signature on arrival. Unfortunately when we previously tried that packages tended to go missing. 

To be fair, our delivery charge for one eyepiece delivered via courier to a non-UK address is 24% lower than the two largest German retailers, and their price for the actual eyepiece is 27% & 36% higher than ours. That is for a single eyepiece, the saving (buying from FLO) is even higher when you order multiples. 

HTH, 

Steve

Talking of bundles... 

We have just added the 3-element BST StarGuider 2x Short Barlow into stock and are including it in the bundle deal. 

I.e. You could buy one eyepiece and the barlow to achieve 10% discount, three eyepieces plus barlow for 15% or six or more with a barlow for 20%. 

The barlow is very nice! Three elements to reduce chromatic aberration, fully multicoated optics and a short design that makes it suitable for Newtonians, refractors and SCTs. 

And please do compare our price :angel:

bst_sg_2x_short_barlow_1%5B1%5D.jpg

I mentioned elsewhere what a good idea this is, maybe I can give it a rest now?..................Nah! their still very good!

But  alas I have now reached the end of my eyepiece collection?

I always believed that I needed a Plossl set, the de-facto standard, or so I thought, and after trialling, Meade, Tele Vue I settled for the very capable Revelations with focal lengths less than 8mm to suit my need.
I now have the 3mm WO SPL winging its way, cheers FLO, second set complete.
The Baader's are as yet, not fully tested, third set.
The fourth set, but No1 favourite are the Starguiders, so do I need any more. Probably not.
Well maybe  just one more?  I would like to own a 6mm branded BST Starguider, any colour banding, not fussed.
I have some Delos on auction elsewhere, and the Plossls, BCO's and SPLs could all go tomorrow in favour of the BST's.

Thats just my personal trait, they work well for my eyes, my scope and my conditions.

So... Charic... You like them?  I wasn't sure... :wink2::biggrin:

But seriously, I am glad you're pleased.  John too, he's been suggesting we stock them for quite a while. 

I think we've ticked all the boxes: Lots of stock, well presented, low price, discounts and the ability to return them within 30-days. 

Steve 

These are probably the only range of EPs that I'd buy brand new simply due to their cost.  2 for £90 is just gravy :-)

Steve, in your dealings with the supplier are you aware of any zoom eyepieces that they do?  I have a Starguider branded 7-21mm job - decent enough for what I paid - but I dunno if this is actually BST.  It came from Sky's shop on ebay, so I'm thinking it might be..

25 minutes ago, Starwatcher21 said:

Hi, anybody know how these would fair on a 250px dob?

Not bad at all. I've used the 8mm, 12mm and 18mm in an F/4.8 10" newtonian and my current 12" F/5.3 dob and they were pretty good :smiley:

1 hour ago, BeerMe said:

Steve, in your dealings with the supplier are you aware of any zoom eyepieces that they do?  I have a Starguider branded 7-21mm job - decent enough for what I paid - but I dunno if this is actually BST.  It came from Sky's shop on ebay, so I'm thinking it might be..

I am not familiar with that one but, like you, I am guessing it will be one of Barsta's. 

HTH, 

Steve 

I only just noticed FLO are now stocking these superb value ep`s, very pleased to see this happen, im sure they will remain a popular choice

I have submitted a quick review of the 12mm

Archived