Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Managed to capture Vesta again late last night/early morning after checking outside for clear weather before I went to bed, so had a 30 minute detour from achieving a nice warm bed. Taken with my Canon PowerShot SX410 IS bridge camera piggy backed onto my 4SE Mak, with ISO1600, f5.6 with 5 second exposure, zoom set to approx 25x to 30x zoom. Slight tweaking in my photo editing software Serif Photoplus to clean up a little. Image from Skysafari too showing same area of sky approx at the same time. Last image shows Vesta marked with a V pointing to it.

Gus :)

Enlight6.thumb.jpg.295f1ff5e75677ec775fabc6a9108449.jpgIMG_0496.thumb.PNG.799a860c8be5e612975eb249310133d6.PNGEnlight7.thumb.jpg.107f19d442e0abdd6aedc91f600893bf.jpg

Just now, Davey-T said:

Another good catch Gus, bit annoying as I can't get it from my garden now.

Dave

Thanks Dave. It came out much darker than my previous image a week or so ago as I was imaging it in between houses, so shielded from the dreaded LP off the street lamps at the back and front of my house. 

2 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

nice one mate what a catch, never got it myself yet. well done. good image too.  thanks, charl.

Thanks Charl. Been having fun tracking Vesta over the last 10 days, and getting a few images of it too in widefield shots. Going to experiment more with the camera to see what else I can snap with it Astro wise! :) 

Archived