Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Geoptik Bags for 4" Refractor & Accessories

jabeoo1

A quick to-the-point review on Geoptik padded bags.  They come in all shapes and sizes but from the range the Padded Accessory Bag & The Padded 100mm Refractor f/750 seemed to be the most relevant to my items.  The quality of the items are very good, with the stitching and materials being excellent for the job.  The padding is adequate without being over the top.  The foam is pre-cut and is 3 layers thick to allow none, 1, 2 or 3 of the pre shaped options to be plucked out for various items.  I found pulling 1 or 2 and leaving a bottom layer gave me more than enough depth for all my eyepieces.  For your reference to scale the items in the foam section of the accessory bag are: 

Top Row:  6mm BCO, TV Plossl 20mm

Middle Row: TV Plossls (15mm, 11mm & 8mm)

Bottom Row: 22mm Vixen LVW, Takahashi 1.25" Prism Diagonal with 15mm extension & 2" Takahashi Extension Tube for the FC-100DF

The main section of the accessory bag is well thought out, with elasticated holders to keep star atlas/guides flat, as well as enough room for 10x50's Binoculars, Vixen SG 2.1x42's & case with the Tak finder & bracket with room to spare.  There is a small zip pocket on the front of the bag where my red torch goes. 

Apart from the tripod the whole set up is in 2 bags, which are easily carried at the same time.  

I highly  recommend these bags to anyone wanting to protect and transport their items. 

DSCN0919.JPG

DSCN0921.JPG

DSCN0922.JPG

DSCN0923.JPG

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice review. I have the same bag for my Tak, it does an excellent job.

Cheers Stu,

There is little to say other than positives.  I always feel like buying other items like exciting glass instead of bags, but I knew I needed to purchase these as I was carrying things by the handful up and down the stairs in multiple trips with an accident waiting to happen.  For just a fraction of the cost of the gear both these bags offer good value & an insurance policy for the gear. 

On 4/12/2017 at 18:32, wookie1965 said:

Would it fit a Tal 100rs in. 

Not sure wookie but the details on the web are:

Have you a small 100m refractor with 750mm focal length or less?? If so, then this little bag is made for your instrument. 

The internal foam and generously padded lining, fully protects the instrument that is housed for ultimate portability and protection when the scope is not in use.

Dimension:

Length 750 mm
Width 160 mm
Height 150 mm
Weight 0,80 Kg

1 hour ago, jabeoo1 said:

Not sure wookie but the details on the web are:

Have you a small 100m refractor with 750mm focal length or less?? If so, then this little bag is made for your instrument. 

The internal foam and generously padded lining, fully protects the instrument that is housed for ultimate portability and protection when the scope is not in use.

Dimension:

Length 750 mm
Width 160 mm
Height 150 mm
Weight 0,80 Kg

No I have the Tal 100rs 1000mm plus. Going get my son make me a box hes good with wood something I am not.

On 4/12/2017 at 18:32, wookie1965 said:

Would it fit a Tal 100rs in. 

Hi wookie , I have this geoptik bag for my Tal 100r and Im very happy with it. I remove the dew shield and place it in the bag by the finderscope. They arent exactly cheap but as jabeoo says in his review the quality is excellent and will last for years imo.

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p178_Geoptik-Tragetasche-fuer-Teleskope-bis-102-mm-Oeffnung-F-10.html

I just sold one of these bags because I had no need for it anymore. They are extremely good quality and rugged. I would recommend them to anyone in need of a dependable bag for their refractor.

Archived