Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

flat frame light source

have you got a tablet ? i use the t shirt method, i.e. small piece of white cloth over the front of the scope then a tablet on the top with an app i download for free, white screen i think it was called, this covers the front of the scope just nicely, although my scope is only an 80mm aperture, about 90mm with the dew shield, seems to work a treat. 

that could be it, there seemed to be a few to choose from, but it filled the screen and it also allowed you to adjust the brightness if you wanted to , i just leave it on full brightness and adjust the exposure rate to get an adu reading of somewhere around 27000

I went for this solution

LightPanel.thumb.JPG.ad48bc548becdcf2c58d3a9d61abf42c.JPG

I wanted something lite, that I could power from my 12V power distribution box. The panel can be cut to any shape so I plan to cut it round and insert it in the dust cap, using the top hole to access the inverter.

(You can also get a USB inverter)

47 minutes ago, Vox45 said:

The panel can be cut to any shape so I plan to cut it round and insert it in the dust cap,

Really?  That sounds like a great idea!  What do you do about the connector?

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

Really?  That sounds like a great idea!  What do you do about the connector?

On my SW 80ED there is a small hole in the dust cap with a small "plug", I could fit the wire in there and just remove the smaller "plug" when I need to access it and plug it into the inverter. Another way of doing this is to buy a pvc pipe fitting of some kind ... I have a small diameter so it could be a good fit and easy to mod ;)

Archived