Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Perth Australia

plyscope

Hi from Andy in WA

I've been active on Cloudy Nights and Ice in Space for several years. Have been lurking here and meaning to sign up for a while.

Mostly I am a refractor guy. I've made a few using purchased optics from D&G and Istar. Also have some other smaller ones from Takahashi and a Tele Vue 60.

Recently acquired a Mewlon 180 but have not yet really used it much. I like binoculars too, mostly stargazing but sometimes used for nature or sporting events.

I have a soft spot for long achromats and astronomy history. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and joining in discussion where I feel I can add something.

My work takes me away from home and my telescopes for weeks at a time so I probably spend way too much time on the internet as a result. Oh well.

Cheers

Andy Jackson

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, plyscope said:

My work takes me away from home and my telescopes for weeks at a time so I probably spend way too much time on the internet as a result. Oh well.

And when you do get to use the scopes, the clouds is above no doubt, join the club! :clouds1:

Hi andy

Hello from the uk

I have a brother in perth hamand park area I  was fortunate to visit him 3 years ago he took me and the wife out to the gin gin observatory unfortunately it was cloudy the first cloudy night for weeks :hmh:

Pete

Archived