Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

GuLinux

Moon 06/04/2017, full frame and partial mosaic

It took me a while to process the images taken this weekend: this beautiful weather did come with a price, too many GB to process!

These are from Thursday evening: an almost full lunar disk taken with my newest ASI 1600mm.

Lower resolution than my other camera, and slower, but very good to get the moon in the field without stiching.

33118765104_6517e1d267_o.png

The mosaic below, instead, was taken with my ASI 178mm: smaller pixel and smaller sensor, so much higher resolution, and lots more details.

Unfortunately there are some stiching artifact, that I hope to remove in a future version.

33962283375_06a27c8abb_o.png

All the shots were taken with my Celestron Nexstar SLT 127, using my Planetary Imager software.

More details about the evening in my blog page: http://blog.gulinux.net/en/blog/jupiter-and-moon-06-04-2017

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By johnno0015
      An image created by the NASA visualisation studio of what a lunar eclipse would look like from the surface of the moon! Pretty cool right? If you want to get a better understanding of what is happening and why, you can checkout this article HERE which goes into the theory behind it all and also shows you what a solar eclipse would look like from the surface of the moon. 

• By acr_astro
      Dear all,
      yesterday evening after doing the sketch of the three-day old moon, we had a wonderful twilight scene with Venus and the Moon over here.
      So I did a pastel sketch how I recalled it afterwards:

Clear skies!
      Achim
    • By JoshHopk
      Hello all,
      This is my first post on SL, so please correct me if I have started this topic in the wrong place. I am also relatively new to astrophotography, so please ignore my naivety!
      I had some clear skies last week, so decided to do some lunar imaging with my new(ish) ASI224MC. I captured my frames in SharpCap as RAW24 AVI files, stacked in AS!2 and processed in Registax and Photoshop. When i got to sharpening in Photoshop, I noticed a sort of mosaic pattern over the image, which took away from some of the detail, and really ruined the image the more I sharpened. I did a quick search and it turned up with 'debayering'. This is a completely new concept to me and all of my attempts didn't seem to improve the image at all (perhaps I was debayering in the wrong order?). I have attached some images and also my some of my SharpCap settings in case they are of help.  
      COLOUR SPACE: RAW24
      CAPTURE ARE: 1304x976
      OUTPUT FORMAT: AVI files (*.avi)
      EXPOSURE: 0.29ms
      GAIN: 282
      Thank you in advance
      Regards, Josh.

• By barkingsteve
      Transparency good, winds light, let's do this. C925 with the 294mc pro ( ir/uv cut filter ) best 30% of 1-2k frames in AS3. Lightly sharpened in registax and processed in photoshop.

2 panel mosaic

Plato and Montes Alps

Clavius

Montes Apennininus

2.5x Barlow

Decided to get some data with the 178 mono and 685nm filter

M

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.