SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

No business owning a telescope - Anecdotes

Dust Cap

My baby 8" collapsible Dob carries OK.  The stand has three handles that come as standard on it, and I lift the OTA by a hand under each end of the tube as its only a metre long.  I carry both out separately, stand first and just plonk the OTA back on the stand - its a 10 second job to screw and unscrew it.  The more I read the more I think there is a lot to be said for these collapsible Dobs.  Having read more now and seen pictures of solid 200P's I am really pleased I got what I did.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Dust Cap said:

@Nigel G - Sounds like one of those heart in mouth moments. I'm not too far up the road from you in Billericay. Do you do most of your observing from home or do you get out to any local darker skies? I've been meaning to get up to Great Notley with North Essex Astro Society but just haven't found the time....

:) I do most of my astronomy from home but occasionally from Brandy Hole boat yard Hullbridge ( 4 miles from home )  which is fairly dark especially in the Eastern sky, about 50% better than home.

I keep meaning to get out to Bradwell airfield which is one of the darkest Essex spots but the sky's being partly cloudy all the time, I don't want a waisted journey.

Nige.

Archived