Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light Mallincam Skyraider AG1.2c

elpajare

NGC 1545 is an open cluster of 40 stars loosely concentrated over an area of one half degree. Just west of its center is a triangle of one 8th and two 9th magnitude stars of contrasting colors. At the northern edge of the cluster is the orange double star Struve 519.

This is one of the first light pictures with the Mallincam Skyraider AG1.2c and the 80/400 Skywatcher guide-scope.

Picture taken at 15x5" with Gain= 30. Peak Histogram over 40-50/ Mallincamsky software.

I'm pretty satisfied with the amp-glow control did by Dark field Correction system and the low noise in general. The colors are very realistic and the resolution with 75" of total exposure are enough for me. The cheap 80mm scope makes miracles.

NGC 1545 OC PERSEUS 15X5 G=30 29º M=95% REF GIMP.jpg

Rock Mallin makes excellent video-cams. I've been pleased with the results for quite some time. He's also a great guy who will answer any questions asked of him. He helped me - immensely - in identifying a strange focal-reducer. Made by a different outfit years ago!

Above & Beyond the call of duty!

Best wishes to you and your MallinCam -

Dave

Archived