Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is is possible to change/swap textures in Stellarium 0.15.0?

OK, So I want to swap the current Jupiter texture in Stellarium ( taken by Cassini in 2000 ) for the map the Hubble Space Telescope took in 2016. But whenever I try to overwrite the original file with the new image. I keep getting " You do not have permission, ask your administrator" even though I am the administrator. Any help or useful tutorials ?

Thanks and clear skies

Adam

Note: Jupiter.png is the actual texture in Stellarium's files.

image_3337_1e-Jupiter-Map.jpg

jupiter.png

We have one of Stellarium's developer's in our midst as a member. You could write him a PM, or just sit tight - he's likely to respond when he sees this thread. Any way - his member-name to write him a pm is: alexwolf

If anyone can help, he's the best choice. A very nice guy, too!

Have fun -

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

We have one of Stellarium's developer's in our midst as a member. You could write him a PM, or just sit tight - he's likely to respond when he sees this thread. Any way - his member-name to write him a pm is: alexwolf

If anyone can help, he's the best choice. A very nice guy, too!

I'm sorry, but read the original phrase:

I keep getting " You do not have permission, ask your administrator" even though I am the administrator. 

Where is problem here and how Stellarium related to it?

16 hours ago, A budding astronomer said:

OK, So I want to swap the current Jupiter texture in Stellarium ( taken by Cassini in 2000 ) for the map the Hubble Space Telescope took in 2016. But whenever I try to overwrite the original file with the new image. I keep getting " You do not have permission, ask your administrator" even though I am the administrator. Any help or useful tutorials ?

Thanks and clear skies

Adam

Note: Jupiter.png is the actual texture in Stellarium's files.

image_3337_1e-Jupiter-Map.jpg

jupiter.png

16 minutes ago, alexwolf said:

The top post on this thread by A budding astronomer -

That is what is being asked up at the top.

Thank you for making an appearence so quickly, Alex.

Best wishes -

Dave

7 hours ago, alexwolf said:

Hello Alex and thanks for responding.

I right click on Stellarium, open the file location and I'm greeted with the files to Stellarium, I open up the "textures" file, I get all the texture files currently in Stellarium. Jupiter is saved as "Jupiter.png" ( the file I attached in the main post ),  I get my new Jupiter map and I want to overwrite it over the current Jupiter map. But when I do, an error message pops up on screen with the following, "You do not have permission to save in this location, please contact the administrator of the PC" I am the administrator of my PC so I want to know if there is a way to bypass this error message and be able to change a file in Stellarium.

Adam

Once you've changed 'user' to being ' administrator', a re-boot of your computer often helps. Just check to ensure your new status remains as "Administrator."

I'd also suggest changing it back to 'User' afterwards. That will  keep a 'hacker' from gaining access to your entire computer. Do keep your computer password-protected.

Take care,

Dave

Sorry or piggybacking on this thread but just didn't seem worth starting a whole new thread for my small question!!

Is it possible to add photos of my own observing spot? I have a view obstructions from where I view from and would find it useful to see on Stellarium.

TIN.

popeye.

Archived