Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Hi,
I was asked on a Swedish forum to put an "Astronomical Dictionary" on my homepage. I have made a test page in an easy form. Astronomical related words linked to wikipedia.

It aims to the beginners in astronomy so it should not be too complicated words.

http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/astronomical-dictionary/astronomical-dictionary.html

Let me know if it's useful and and I shall add more words.

/Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Yes, I use it a lot myself, wikipedialinks with information that I link to is very usefull and of high quality.

I have added many more astronomical words since last.

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Thanks 1

When i read the opening post, i thought "Oh hell, my Swedish is non-existent". Its a very informative site. I typically use Wiki if i want to read up on anything astro related.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the comment.

I try to use english on most of my pages, but not very skilled on it. But better now after a couple of years with my homepage when I'm forced to use english. Swedish is very limited when searching answers on internet.

We are soon in the summerseason and then we can't do any observations. How about your place?

Lars

Hi TsRobot,

Yes that astrograph is a gem. There are other instruments there too. One 40" Newton reflector, one twin refractor 20" and 24", one meridian instrument and a couple of smaller instrument. Top of the line in 1930s, Carl Zeiss.

Do you have any old observatoies around?

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spider-Man
      Hi everyone,
      I'm looking to get a reasonably portable astrophotography set-up, using a 60-100mm refractor, with a suitable goto mount.  I spotted the Explore Scientifice exos2-gt with pmc-eight goto system, which looks like quite an elegant solution, and wondered if anybody in the forum owns this mount, and what they think of it's performance & usability?
    • By maxchess
      This may be an artifact, but I took this shot of the Orion Constellation from the Canary Islands and it showed a small nebula around Beteleguse. Do you think this is real? The shot was taken with a dual band filter which brings out the Ha.  I initially assumed it was a camera artifact, but I took more shots with different camera positions and it was still there.  There are some on-line articles about such a nebula. My first reaction was to edit it out, but I think it might be real and only visible because Beteleguse has dimmed by over 50%.  What do you think?
      Max
    • By Spider-Man
      Hi I have an opportunity to acquire for visual imaging, a 2nd hand (manufactured 2000) Russian TAL1 reflector telescope for about £60.  Is this a reasonable price,?
      Being new to astronomy & not currently owning a telescope I've no idea whether TAL is a quality product, so I'd welcome your thoughts.
    • By joelshort
      Note: This scope is in the USA, so international shipping may prohibit a sale. However, without the heavy Scopeguard case the shipping cost will be substantially reduced.
      I can provide a full frame image taken with this scope if anyone is interested.
      Reduced to £3155 for the complete package.  I will consider offers, but this is already close to my bottom price.
      I’ve decided to sell my Takahashi Epsilon Ɛ-180. The scope and optics are in good cosmetic and optical shape. There are a few minor tool marks around the collimation screws but otherwise no issues. The primary mirror is centered with a Catseye Hotspot.
      The scope will come with the Takahashi corrector, rings and top plate ($457 add-on), front cover, Scopeguard case ($500 add-on), BT Technologies dovetail bar ($150 add-on) (has a blemish but is super solid), Astrozap dew shield and cap with focus mask ($175 ad-on), Precise Parts Tak corrector to M48 adapter ($110 add-on), the Takahashi collimation tools, an M68x1 male to M54x0.75 female and a M54x0.75 male to 2" compression ring adapter ($100? add-on) (these allow you to use the scope visually with 2" eyepieces.)
      I replaced the stock focuser (included) with an Optec TCF-Leo focuser with temp probe. With the included scope adapter and Tak corrector adapter this is a $1400 add-on.
      Total new cost = £5900
      All of this for £3155 plus shipping.

• By Spider-Man
      Hi, I'm keen to buy a small good quality refractor primarily for astrophotography of galaxies and nebulae.   I'd like to use my Pentax K1 full frame DSLR with the telescope.
      Reviewing YouTube & Google the; Altair Astro 72 EDF deluxe & William Optics 71GT look like they might be good models to go for.  I'd welcome the community's views on both, and any other alternatives people recommend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.