Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Hi,
I was asked on a Swedish forum to put an "Astronomical Dictionary" on my homepage. I have made a test page in an easy form. Astronomical related words linked to wikipedia.

It aims to the beginners in astronomy so it should not be too complicated words.

http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/astronomical-dictionary/astronomical-dictionary.html

Let me know if it's useful and and I shall add more words.

/Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Yes, I use it a lot myself, wikipedialinks with information that I link to is very usefull and of high quality.

I have added many more astronomical words since last.

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Thanks 1

When i read the opening post, i thought "Oh hell, my Swedish is non-existent". Its a very informative site. I typically use Wiki if i want to read up on anything astro related.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the comment.

I try to use english on most of my pages, but not very skilled on it. But better now after a couple of years with my homepage when I'm forced to use english. Swedish is very limited when searching answers on internet.

We are soon in the summerseason and then we can't do any observations. How about your place?

Lars

Hi TsRobot,

Yes that astrograph is a gem. There are other instruments there too. One 40" Newton reflector, one twin refractor 20" and 24", one meridian instrument and a couple of smaller instrument. Top of the line in 1930s, Carl Zeiss.

Do you have any old observatoies around?

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.