Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Hi,
I was asked on a Swedish forum to put an "Astronomical Dictionary" on my homepage. I have made a test page in an easy form. Astronomical related words linked to wikipedia.

It aims to the beginners in astronomy so it should not be too complicated words.

http://astrofriend.eu/astronomy/astronomical-dictionary/astronomical-dictionary.html

Let me know if it's useful and and I shall add more words.

/Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Yes, I use it a lot myself, wikipedialinks with information that I link to is very usefull and of high quality.

I have added many more astronomical words since last.

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend
  • Thanks 1

When i read the opening post, i thought "Oh hell, my Swedish is non-existent". Its a very informative site. I typically use Wiki if i want to read up on anything astro related.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the comment.

I try to use english on most of my pages, but not very skilled on it. But better now after a couple of years with my homepage when I'm forced to use english. Swedish is very limited when searching answers on internet.

We are soon in the summerseason and then we can't do any observations. How about your place?

Lars

Hi TsRobot,

Yes that astrograph is a gem. There are other instruments there too. One 40" Newton reflector, one twin refractor 20" and 24", one meridian instrument and a couple of smaller instrument. Top of the line in 1930s, Carl Zeiss.

Do you have any old observatoies around?

Lars

Edited by Astrofriend

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Michael Hogan
      I have decided to sell my Cem-120 mount as i got a second hand AP 1100 GTO from my friend who got a new AP 1600 with encoders
      its just under a year old bought from Altair Astro so still under two year warranty is in mint cont i couldn't miss the opportunity to get
      AP 1100 GTO and let it go still waiting for pier plate for mount.
      So theirs no point in keeping two large mounts after i got my dream final mount buyer will pay shipping price is 2150 pounds.
      Altair Astro price without Ipolar Camera is 3250 pounds without Ipolar Camera which is 200 pounds total 3450 pounds

• By markastro
      Hi,

Looking for a 12" DOB (or larger) which can be transported to Prestwick, Ayrshire. Any brand, as long as the telescope is optically sound and in good working order. I'm a reliable buyer who has bought and sold on this site before.

Thanks,

Mark
    • By Clear Skies!
      I am going to buy Skywatcher EQ5 Pro Go-To mount. But, unfortunately, I am low on budget.
      So, does someone know where can I buy the cheapest EQ5 pro mount?
      Yesterday there was a low price for it (350 €), but they changed it.
      Thank you for your time!
    • By codeman
      IC4604 in LRGB Filters. Taking for Namibia during my visit in June 2019. This beautiful nebula is part of the rho Ophiuchi colorful cloud, i the center a 3 blue bright stars the reflect the blue light on the nebula.
      Photo Details:
      Lum - 20 x 5min = 100min
      RGB - 5x5min for each channel at BIN2, 75min
      Total Exposure: 175Min (~3 Hours)
      Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6
      Mount: DDM 85 Unguided
      Camera: FLI 16200 Mono
      Filters: Astrodon
      Thanks for watching,
      Haim
      My Flicker Page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/

• By Nikolas74
      Recently i bought this brand new camera from David Hardie when he was doing a big sell out of some really nice items in excellent offers !!!
      Unfortunately the camera although brand new doesn't serve my purposes so I decided to sell it at exactly the same price which I bought it from David , it was a really special offer 🤪
      The camera new costs £1685 and I will sell it for £750 to be fair....🤪🤪🤪🤪
      Camera comes with all its extras and case in absolutely brand new condition....!!!!
      Info from FLO site :
      https://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-xpress-cameras/starlight-xpress-trius-pro-674c-colour-ccd-camera.html
      Postage expenses are on me, secured package.
      Paypal accepted ,just buyer pays the fees.
      If payment is in EURO we will just calculate the daily exchange rate at Xe.com.
      Many thanks !
      Nikolas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.