SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vintage Japanese early 50s Sanko Binoculars

Hello SGL ! First post from me . 

Great community here . I've learned tonnes.  

Scanning the sky with my Helios Apollo's 15X70s last night but the moon ruined any hopes of many faint fuzzies to be found.  Beautiful views of all the usual suspects . Perseus Double gets me everytime though ??

Anyways my mother and law dug these little beauties out of storage . She thought I'd appreciate them . They belonged to her dad after he returned from WW2 . Japanese made . They smelled amazing Hahaha . Must have been the beautiful leather case . 

Anybody familiar with these ? 

Interested to see what the SGL family might know about these !

Clear Skies ! ????

IMAG1396.jpg

IMAG1393.jpg

IMAG1392.jpg

IMAG1391.jpg

IMAG1394.jpg

IMAG1395.jpg

Do a bit of duging on the net  with name and numbers you find it somewere.  I am more in to scopes and may take a week or more  to pin it down , back in 50s to 80s list can be 200 or 300 long. the sticker is right for Japan 50s  that look like a pass sticker.

2 hours ago, Starlight 1 said:

Do a bit of duging on the net  with name and numbers you find it somewere.  I am more in to scopes and may take a week or more  to pin it down , back in 50s to 80s list can be 200 or 300 long. the sticker is right for Japan 50s  that look like a pass sticker.

Here's the link to the JB code:

http://home.europa.com/~telscope/jbcode.txt

Have fun with  the research. The build quality of those vintage Japanese bins is usually good; I own several of them, and they are a joy to use.

Stephan

Archived