Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield.jpg.36065d79cb2625eb299137a5b4432c96.jpg

jabeoo1

Televue 3-6mm Zoom (Purchased)

jabeoo1    1,170

Anyone wanting to part with a TV 3-6 Zoom ?

Found @ Telescope House :)

Edited by jabeoo1
  • Like 1

jabeoo1    1,170
On 4/9/2017 at 21:28, Highburymark said:

James - they are currently on sale at Telescope House I think. Still v pricey tho' .

They are still OTT to be honest* 

Its my last bit of astro gear barring maybe a 1.25 " Moon Filter but knowing they come up 2nd hand for £200 splashing £330 seems crazy to me still.....................................But its the last EP!  Then I cover 3-6mm 8mm, 11mm, 15mm, 22mm Widefield all in 1.25" barrels.   I am so happy now with the current set up I can't imagine changing any of it !

*But still could not resist one. 

Edited by jabeoo1
  • Like 1

Tonynexevo925    270

I haven't seen one on sale here for ages! I have one in my basket right now ready to buy....

just trying to see if a colleague can get one while in New York $340 so not a bad saving! But seems the stores that sell in NY are closed for Passover and don't reopen till after he is back home - couldn't believe it and hoping somewhere he can find me one 😏

• Like 1

jabeoo1    1,170

I noticed one on ABS which i missed by a small margin, then one went on ebay too.  

They are keepers & unique which is why they hardly change hands.  They seem to go for £200 ish, which is 50 % of new.  Its surprising they don't hold 2/3rds of their value like plossls etc. 

jabeoo1    1,170

Found one!  Thanks to Telescope House :) 

I could not resist doing it, I just got bored thinking about it in the end.  They seldom come up used and I think there may be a very good reason for it too. 

As long as the 3-6 Zoom lives up to expectation, thats will be my last Eyepiece. I have no intention of getting another scope, the FC-100 does wonders on the bright solar system targets under my light polluted sky.  I am looking forward to seeing how it performs here on M13 & what it can achieve under a dark Cornish sky (weather permitting!)

• Like 2

Stu    14,821

The Nag Zoom is a little gem. It's quite possible to have most bases covered in the Tak with a 24mm Panoptic, a good Barlow and the Zoom at the top end. Great travel option.

• Like 1

Peter Drew    5,431

I managed to get a used one a few years ago, a great eyepiece. I use mine a great deal for testing telescopes at high power to judge quality and collimation.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

jabeoo1    1,170
4 minutes ago, Stu said:

The Nag Zoom is a little gem. It's quite possible to have most bases covered in the Tak with a 24mm Panoptic, a good Barlow and the Zoom at the top end. Great travel option.

I am glad to hear you have high regard for it Stu.  I have spent quite a bit of time reading up on it, & then hankering after one.  It makes more sense over 3 or 4 fixed focal lengths.  Its a hefty price tag but its essentially 3mm, 4mm, 5mm & 6mm & everything in between.  So its value if you justify it that way (At least thats how I had to think of it whist clicking the transaction through).  

I considered the 24mm Panoptic too for a long time, in the end I took the opportunity to buy F15Rules 22mm Vixen LVW which I am very impressed with indeed.  It is a bigger unit but it punches some knock out views.  The Panoptic looks like a lovely little EP & I would like to look through one, although I won't be passing the LVW on for one I am sure of that. 

• Like 2

jabeoo1    1,170
6 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

I managed to get a used one a few years ago, a great eyepiece. I use mine a great deal for testing telescopes at high power to judge quality and collimation.  :icon_biggrin:

Peter it has obviously performed well, and if it passes your scrutiny it can't be a slouch :)

Stu    14,821
27 minutes ago, jabeoo1 said:

I am glad to hear you have high regard for it Stu.  I have spent quite a bit of time reading up on it, & then hankering after one.  It makes more sense over 3 or 4 fixed focal lengths.  Its a hefty price tag but its essentially 3mm, 4mm, 5mm & 6mm & everything in between.  So its value if you justify it that way (At least thats how I had to think of it whist clicking the transaction through).  

I considered the 24mm Panoptic too for a long time, in the end I took the opportunity to buy F15Rules 22mm Vixen LVW which I am very impressed with indeed.  It is a bigger unit but it punches some knock out views.  The Panoptic looks like a lovely little EP & I would like to look through one, although I won't be passing the LVW on for one I am sure of that. 

I'm sure the LVW is lovely, it's only the size difference that makes the Pan so good as a travel eyepiece.