Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

dtastro

Canon 7D mk2 imaging

Can any users of Canon 7D mk2's tell me the best way of doing multiple subs of more than 30secs, other than using the TC-80N3 timer...or is that the only option?

Thanks

Either the Canon EOS utils if you dont mind tethering or a cheap intervalometer off e-bay, other options are a remote intervalometer like the Giga T pro or third party software like APT or BYEOS.

Alan 

BYE would have been good but I'm using MAC and there is no version for that. Is there something similar for MAC without having to install vmware? I'll look at the cheaper intervalometers too.

As Alien 13 has suggested, Canon Utilities that comes with the camera will make multiple long exposures and download them to your Mac via USB.

Michael

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dtastro said:

BYE would have been good but I'm using MAC and there is no version for that. Is there something similar for MAC without having to install vmware? I'll look at the cheaper intervalometers too.

Unfortunately this is just the first of many many times your going to regret having a MAC for astro-photography.

• Like 2

If you're imaging tethered you can use the 'Image Capture' app that comes as standard on most Macs, it has a basic intervalometer built in... It's not the greatest, but it works and you can download your subs straight to the hard-drive as they're captured.

Click on 'File' then 'take picture'... in the pop up window you can either take one image by pressing the return key or set the timer between images and and click start... The only drawback I can see is you can't set it to take X number of shots... it just keeps going till you stop it manually.

HTH, Art