Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hey folks, not sure if this is the cause of my miss alignment but what is our time zone called, we have a celestron 8se and universal time standard time etc is what is coming up on the hand control,  thanks in advance.     pete

Yep, as per Ken. I have the 6/8SE Nexstar Goto mount too and find it extremely accurate. As long as you get all the input settings of time, date, location etc correct you should see everything OK as long as you don't use too high a magnification first. I use a 4SE Mak on the mount and find my 18mm Celestron X-Cel LX EP just right FOV for locating objects and getting them in view. So far pretty much everything I wanted to look at has been there. The only exception been some faint galaxies which due to light pollution and sky conditions made them impossible to see. I knew they were in the FOV by comparing the view through th EP with Skysafari Pro. In fact along with Skyportal wifi I use Skysafari to actually control the mount, rather than use the handset. Works a treat! :) 

Archived