Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
glennbech

Hello from Norway

Hi all,

I've been hanging out for a while (and still will do) at a forum associated with a certain UK TV program and Magazine of the same name. Great people over there, and I suspect some are also active in here (maybe under cover?) :-)

My main interests at the moment are Astro Photograhy. I started out with a 8" Newtonian on the HEQ5 Pro mount last september, and soon ventured deeper and deeper into astro-gadgetland. I now mainly image through my dear William Optics Megrez 90 with a 0.8 Focal reducer attached all guided by a second hand helios startravel 80. I picked up a second hand 10D that I sent away from modification to increase red sensitivity as well. Results so far are looking good.

I also enjoy starhopping with William attached to a Vixen Porta mount. It's all very portable and some of my best views ever were done this summer with this setup.

My goal for this winter is to have at least one major project that I will collect hours and hours of data on. Im also considering to get a focal reducer for my SkyMax 150 Mak, and do some more closeup imaging of smaller objects. I will try to stay off the beaten track but just *had* to kick off the winter season by aiming my scope at the pleiades... Last year I got some really horrible shots of it using a Helios Startravel 80 acromatic refractor unguided.

I post most my work at http://www.glennbech.com

Looking forward to browsing around and learning new things. See you around!

Hi Glennbech! welcome to SGL. Norway is a beautiful country. I guess you don't get a lot of astronomy done during the summer, but winter would be marvelous. You've got a great website too! :)

Thanks for that. We can't really do astrophootgraphy in Norway during summer. It's just around these times when the "season" starts up again. The "lost summers" of Norway are compensated by a very very rewarding winters with long dark nights that stretch well into the mornings as well.

A warm welcome to SGL Glenn. I had a look at your Pleiades Image, and very nice it is too.

I wish you good luck with you impending project. It's always good to have a goal to set oneself.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :)

the pleiades... Last year I got some really horrible shots of it using a Helios Startravel 80 acromatic refractor unguided.

You're kidding right - that image on your site is lovely.

Welcome to SGL

Ant

Hi glennbech and welcome to SGL :wave:

Does Norway suffer from a similar amount of cloud cover as the UK does??

James

Hello and welcome. There's some very nice pictures on your web site.

I used to work in Norway about 10 years ago. Mongstaad just north of Bergen. When you do get clear skies there its stunning.

Ah! Land of the midnight sun! Welcome. Spent quite alot of time up there during my travels in tne past. Beautiful country and brilliant winter skies.

Geoff :salute:

Hi Glennbech, I used to hang around in Norway a little bit - Kristiansand and Stord - when I was in the offshore industry. Beautiful place. Is it still the most expensive country to get drunk in?? :)

Rick