sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

(ATIK 460 NOW SOLD) and EFW2

Hello!

I have enjoyed running a triple rig for quite some years now but I'm downscaling to one OTA. That leaves two cameras and filter wheels for sale.

Atik EFW2 9 position 1.25" - €350

Atik 460EXm - €1500 NOW SOLD

/Jesper

Edited by Jessun

Not an awful lot of interest here or elsewhere for the APMs. So I'm pulling them off this listing.

Look out for the cameras and filter wheels on other sites.

Cheers

Well, you can buy with confidence. I bought one of Jessun's 460s and wheel. They arrived today, most carefully boxed up and packaged. Always nice to deal with a gentleman!

Olly

• Like 1

Thank you Olly! I really can't wait to see what you can do with your kit down at Les Granges!

So here again is up for grabs (an Atik 460EXm SOLD camera) and an EFW2 wheel with a 9 filter wheel for 1.25" mounted filters.

I'll start with the bad bits. I have cut the power cords to both the camera and the filter wheel since I can't stand the cigarette plugs that were on the other end. You will need to add some length of cable i.e. solder it on and isolate to mate with a power source plug of your choice. I will try to find the cig plugs to make the purchase somewhat more complete, but pleeease don't use them. Ever. :-)

The good bits: The camera and the filter wheel comes delivered as you would have had them delivered from Atik. (OK, I admit, that in one of the images a tiny clothing fibre has landed inside the camera opening). In other words these units have NO signs of use. NO signs of UV discoloration and come with ALL that you'd expect to find in the boxes.

They were always kept indoors between sessions. (I used to roll out and set up each night).

The EFW2 has serial number 3W14120828. The unit is one number away from the units Olly just bought with confidence.

The camera in the listing has achieved the following btw:

AAPOD 12 DEC 2015
AAPOD 23 SEP 2014
AAPOD 18 AUG 2014
AAPOD 26 MAY 2014
AAPOD 21 APR 2014
AAPOD 23 MAR 2014

Plus publishing in Astronomy Now, and featured in The Sky @ Night magazine and online.

The ATIK460 hits a sweet spot for many. It's easy to use and whilst it doesn't cover the greatest field and doesn't cool as good as some, it sure does deliver.

The EFW2 integrates well with available software and never misses a beat. Beautifully crafted and finished.

Below are some images of the actual units.

All the best fellow imagers

Prices again:

Atik EFW2 9 position 1.25" - €350

Atik 460EXm - €1500 SOLD

/Jessun

2017-04-20 12.56.52.jpg

2017-04-20 12.56.59.jpg

2017-04-20 12.57.09.jpg

2017-04-20 13.02.19.jpg

2017-04-20 13.02.32.jpg

2017-04-20 13.03.04.jpg

Edited by Jessun
ITEM SOLD
  • Jessun changed the title to (ATIK 460 NOW SOLD) and EFW2
  • 2 months later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rolland Balazs
      Atik One 6.0 CCD + OAG + Astronomik filters + Atik-Eos adapter
      Include:
      - Astronomik II. LRGB; 6 nm Ha, SII, OIII filters
      - Unique Atik-Eos WORKING adapter
      - Power supply, USB cord
      - Pixinsight dark, flatdark, bias files
      Tape is against light pollution only. Of course some sketch on it but working perfect.
      Lacerta guide cam exclude.
      Bank transfer only.
      2.660,-GBP (2.999,-EUR) + postage.
      <private contact details removed>

• By elbaztardo
      Atik Horizon Mono
      EFW2
      Baader NB and LRGB Filters
      Boxed with cables.
      Looking for £1500\€1600

• By Nikolas74
      As i would like to give it a try with a color camera and therefore need the funds i am selling my Mono camera setup.
      All come in original boxes in excellent working condition, filters have been in the filter wheel since i bought them.
      Atik 383l+ Mono boxed with all extras £900
      Astrodon Ha 3nm 36mm boxed £620 SOLD
      Astrodon Oiii 3nm 36mm boxed £620 SOLD
      Astrodon Lum 36mm boxed £180 SOLD
      I will be happy to send any photos to someone who is interested.
      Payment via Paypal in Uk Pounds or Euros (buyer will pays the fees if any)
      Safe and Secured shipping with tracking number. Postage expenses by me.
      Many thanks
      NikolasP.

• By Xiga
      A few months back, i bought my first mono camera, an Atik 383l+ from Martin @Xsubmariner off here. I hadn't had a chance to give it a whirl until last night. 
      I thought about getting the 80ED out, but i've been wanting to do some widefield stuff for a while, so i attached an old Tamron 135mm F2.8 vintage M42 lens i picked up last year for next to nothing. The lens needs to be stopped down to F5.6 (perhaps less, i haven't tested though) to produce acceptable stars in broadband, but i was hoping it could be used more wide open for Narrowband. I used step-down rings screwed on to the end of the lens hood to bring the aperture down to 37mm, which is about F3.65 (i did briefly try it wide open in Ha, and it wasn't that bad tbh, but i could still make out some comet-shaped stars in a few places so i opted to stop it down a bit to play it safe). I have a TS Optics filter drawer in the optical train, so i can still swap out filters without too much fuss. I still have about 3-4mm of extra backfocus space to spare, but i can already find focus as it is, so i'm not sure if it's that important that i haven't fully used it all up.
      Focusing was tough. I was focusing using a Bahtinov mask on Deneb, and i had to use 10s subs (subframes) at 2x2 bin to get bright enough spikes for Bahtinov Grabber to pick up to the spikes ok. Even then, it was showing the focus error moving about quite a bit, even without me touching the focus ring. In the end i just got it as close as i could and went with it.
      Conditions were not great. Some clear spells, but there was a lot of cloud passing through. I figures it would be good enough for a test session. The Phd guide graph looked horrific, and was somewhere in the 1-2" range (image scale is 8.4" so not a big deal hopefully). I bodged together a couple of old dovetails to add enough weight to counter-balance the 5Kg counterweight. It just about does. It's not perfect by any means, but hopefully sufficient for this purpose. 
      I would ideally like to shoot 1200s subs, but couldn't last night due to the constant clouds (Phd lost the guide star countless times). I was about to give up, but persisted and aimed for 600s subs. Glad i did, as i ended up with 6 useable subs, even if a couple were affected by some thin cloud. 
      Did a quick stack in APP and a 10 min process in PS, just to get a rough idea of what i can expect from this. I used Flats and a couple of Darks just to do a rough calibration. Didn't do any gradient reduction, was in too much of a hurry after packing up last night. Overall i'm fairly pleased with how it performed. I'm obviously not aiming for Samyang 135mm F2 levels of performance here, but for purely NB bi-colour mosaics i think it can do a job. 
      I've included a picture of the rig below as well, in case anyone's interested.
      CS.
      6 x 600s (1 Hr)
      Atik 383l+  2" Baader Ha 7nm
      Tamron Adaptall2 135mm F2.8 (@F3.65)

• By Savage234
      I recently upgraded to a purpose made astro-camera (Atik Horizon Color). The learning curve has definitely been noticeable, but I cant figure a couple things out.  For some reason the pictures are grey scale when using N.I.N.A. I have tried different binning and formats, but the image is always black and white. 
      If I use the ATIK software (Infinity,Dusk) there is an option for 'Color Binning', and that seems to have fixed it for those programs, but N.I.N.A doesn't seem to have that option (you can not select anything for binning, or select 1x1, 2x2 ect.). But what makes it weirder is that the preview is always color using N.I.N.A. I used a pinhole lens cover to take pictures of my computer screen and it always shows up as color images. However, if I take that exact image file that previews in color and move it to pixinsight, it is grey-scale. 
      Is this a binning thing, file format problem? At this point I am just confused, if the preview of the image is color shouldn't the image data be color as well?
      So far all the problems I have had with this camera have just been simple things that were new to me, but this one is really throwing me for a loop. Thanks for any help. 
      I've attached a couple images. The first you can see the NINA preview is color, as well with the couple other I took in the bottom right. And the other in a photo of trying to color saturate the stretched image in Pixinsight, and it says that it cannot saturate a grey-scale image.  I have tried this with Tif, Fits, and various binning types. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.