Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

JUPITER and the GRS

Brenner

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 06:21, D217100rr said:

I am still a beginner, and have the same telescope. That gives me high hopes. Great picture. Thanks for posting it and the equipment. 

It is a fantastic picture, but I would like to point out it probably won't look like that. Pictures like that use techniques called stacking to reduce noise and image clarity much more than what would be possible with the human eye.

Thats not to mean that it isn't exciting to see Jupiter with the naked eye, it is, just don't expect it to look like that.

Yes, I read the post here about what I can expect to see. That is an excellent article. My high hopes are in trying a little photography myself down the road. I'm still enjoying just looking around, and getting acquainted with the sky. It's still inspiring to see Jupiter with it's moons dangling around it. I'm really enjoying this telescope.

Clear Skies Everyone

Archived